Why no Cab Room features for iOS?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Why no Cab Room features for iOS?

Postby pjcass1981 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:48 pm

Don’t know if this not the place to ask or if it’s just none of our business (just say so if that’s the case), but does anyone on the forums or someone from IK know why the Cab Room features are limited to mic’s and mic placement in the Cab Room for iOS? It’s my go to feature in the desktop version to really bring amps and cabs to life and is sorely missed in the iOS version. I’m thinking maybe processing power compatibility for older iPads, iPhones, and Android devices, but would love to know if that’s definitely the reason.

Also, just want to throw my compliments out there for the amazing job IK has done with the Cab Room features. Literally no other modeller on the market does what it does to that extent and so well. There are some people at IK with some very specialized, highly skilled ears and software development wizardry who put that together. It’s a very specifically voiced algorithm and I’ve tried other reverbs in my DAW that cost hundreds of dollars and are fantastic. However, the rooms and stereo mic options have a specific voice that just works better. Sunset Studios is a whole other level but for the Cab Room to be a built in feature of Amplitube 4 is amazing. Considering the age of Amplitube 4 and the hyped products that have come since then, it really goes to show how forward thinking the IK team are.
pjcass1981

Re: Why no Cab Room features for iOS?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Which features from the Mac/PC version of AmpliTube's Cab Room are you left wanting for? There are dual 3D movable microphones in the AmpliTube iOS Cab Room for a while, we created this video when this was added:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS_zQxyBEnQ

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pjcass1981 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks for the reply, Peter. I’m aware of the Mic and Cab options in the iOS version. I guess I should have just got to the point in my original post though.

Just wondering why the Room options are not present in the iOS version.
pjcass1981

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 pm

I don't know 100% but I do believe it was due to resource usage. We did implement the Mixer with sends for Reverb and Delay in there which is a nice alternative. Although those rooms in AmpliTube 4 for Mac/PC are a great alternative to on-amp or stomp/rack reverb in my opinion. T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb tops all options at this point for me though. :D
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pjcass1981 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Agreed! Thanks for quick responses.
pjcass1981

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:38 pm

pjcass1981 wrote:Agreed! Thanks for quick responses.

No problem, glad to help. I would definitely enjoy having my favorite virtual guitar chain everywhere I go which would be AXE I/O --> AmpliTube --> T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb and all those tasty T-RackS processors. Perhaps someday!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling