Amp for a nylon acoustic/electric

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amp for a nylon acoustic/electric

Postby EpicEsquire » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:55 pm

I just ordered a Godin acoustic/electric nylon string guitar

What amps in Amplitube would pair well with this?

Is Amplitube Acoustic available as a plug-in or add-on to Amplitube?

Thank you.
EpicEsquire

Re: Amp for a nylon acoustic/electric

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:20 pm

AmpliTube Acoustic is only available on iOS. In AmpliTube for Mac/PC you'd want to check the more clean amp options. The cleaner the better so the ones labeled clean would be a great start as would be some of the Fender amps but even those might break up a bit at higher levels so keep the gain/levels reasonable and it should sound good.

You do also have the option to bypass the amp and cabinet sections but use the effects available in AmpliTube as well.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby EpicEsquire » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Thank you - yeah I guess I will just plug the guitar into my DI and run it straight into my DAW
EpicEsquire

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Also, the Rockman emulation in AmpliTube Satriani is a great clean tone (I'm biased, it was my stereo setup early on in my teen years until I picked up a Marshall JCM800 in my later high school years).

You can try the clean settings in the Marshall JMP-1 emulation (Brit Valve Pre) which might suit your tastes. Even as a huge fan of the Marshall sound those weren't my favorite cleans for electric guitar so I'm not sure how they'd work for your electro-acoustic. You may want to lean more into the Fender Collection 2 amps as those are about the best cleans in the AmpliTube family, if not beyond just AmpliTube.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling