White noise/hissing when AmpliTube 4 is open

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

White noise/hissing when AmpliTube 4 is open

Postby ohhgeeitsme » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:05 am

Hey, I just bought AmpliTube 4 and there is one huge problem I'm having. Well, two actually (doesn't pick up my bluebird sl mic) but I contacted customer support for that one and waiting to hear back, so we'll see if I bring that to the forums as well.

I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new computer (Acer Aspire 7). I have my Telecaster plugged into my iD44 interface, and that plugged into my computer. My software is authorized. Everything is current.

Anyway, for some reason, AmpliTube 4 always gives off a hissing/white noise. Sometimes I can get it down considerably, where I can actually work with what I got, but when I listen to the recording, the noise sounds far worse than it did while playing. I'm ALMOST positive that it has something to do with the software (even if it's still an error on my part), because I don't have this problem in my iD44 app or Adobe Audition. It's crystal clear, but as soon as I open up AmpliTube, the noise starts. The quality of the recording is even worse and the noise is much higher. I listened to the audio outside of the app and it was definitely recorded with the noise. I have installed ASIO drivers.. messed around with all the sound settings, nothing seems to work. Please, if anything can help me, I'd appreciate it. I really love some of the sounds in this app and I'm going to be bummed if I paid for this and then can't even use it. I'm really becoming discouraged. HELP ME :)
ohhgeeitsme

Re: White noise/hissing when AmpliTube 4 is open

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Still sounds like AmpliTube 4 is not authorized. That is the only time you'd hear this type of noise unless you were demoing it without having Custom Shop open in the background while connected to the internet (this is not required when you have it authorized).

I would suggest opening IK Product Manager and making sure your AmpliTube 4 is listed as authorized. Beyond that, you might want to try to "remind" your system of what is authorized and what gear you have by opening the Custom Shop application (Start menu on Windows, Applications folder on macOS) and while logged in there, go to the AmpliTube section then Gear --> Restore My Gear.

If none of those options are what is wrong then you will definitely need to work with IK Support and you do have a ticket open so that's great there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ohhgeeitsme » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:12 pm

I checked and everything is definitely listed as authorized. However, I cannot figure out how to restore the gear on my computer. I'm on Windows 10, and when I take your steps, I only get an option to uninstall it. Should I try this? Uninstall and reauthorize everything? I'm assuming this would count against my available downloads/authorizations? Thanks for your help.
ohhgeeitsme

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:17 pm

ohhgeeitsme wrote:I checked and everything is definitely listed as authorized. However, I cannot figure out how to restore the gear on my computer. I'm on Windows 10, and when I take your steps, I only get an option to uninstall it. Should I try this? Uninstall and reauthorize everything? I'm assuming this would count against my available downloads/authorizations? Thanks for your help.

You need to open the Custom Shop application. Not AmpliTube, the actual application called Custom Shop.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ohhgeeitsme » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm

Hey nevermind, I figured out how to restore gear from custom shop, but I'm still having the problem.
ohhgeeitsme

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Since no other users have chimed in with suggestions, please continue to work with IK Support for direct and official technical assistance as I'm sure they can fix whatever is happening in your case. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby orlock20 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am

Make sure you are using ASIO4ALL and not Direct X as the driver. There are various gain and volume level selections that might be turned up too high. Also use a noise gate, because hissing is sometimes simulated because the real amps do it, especially in high volume.
orlock20

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling