Pedals in Stomp feature

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Pedals in Stomp feature

Postby mhb3200 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 am

So I recently got the full version of AmpliTube 4 and I am digging it a lot so far, but I am completely new to apps like this and using any type of audio interface. I've been playing cheap guitars through cheap amps and nothing else until this week.

What is the most efficient and quick way to switch pedals on and off in the middle of performing a song as if it were live? I don't wanna stop my playing to reach for my mouse and switch it. Is there any way to trigger switches through keyboard or something like that?

I am playing on a PC through an iRig Micro Amp.

Thanks in advance.
mhb3200

Re: Pedals in Stomp feature

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:58 pm

You can use a MIDI controller to do what you mention, and iRig Stomp I/O is a great one because it is a floorboard with familiar controls for guitarists (switches and a built-in expression pedal).

If you want a full-fledged interface, our AXE I/O and AXE I/O Solo will allow you to connect switches and/or expression pedals directly to the rear sockets for those.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Pedals in Stomp feature

Postby ambrs57 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 am

I use the Behringer FBC 1010 midi controller with the UNO chip, to control Amplitube via the AXE I/O The UNO chip is a simple upgrade to install to the FBC 1010 and it allows you to set some of the switches to change presets and others to control individual stompboxes. You can get more stompbox control by using non-latching footswitches plugged into the back of the AXE I/0 to send additional midi commands, along with the FBC 1010. So I can control a total of 8 stomps, or I can set the footswitches to control the looper in Amplitube. It makes an efficient live rig. More on the UNO chip here. https://www.fcb1010.eu/
ambrs57

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling