v1.0.3 Now Available! IK Product Manager

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: New Update Available! IK Product Manager now available

Postby simoncroft » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Excellent! Oddly enough, I came to the forum because I was having problems with the License Manager yesterday. Catalina ran it OK first time, but 'crossed it out' after I rebooted and said it was too old to run.

But also, I said to my wife: "Why am I cutting and pasting all these license numbers from the user section of the IK web site, when all the information they want is already on their database?" I see you have that covered.

So far, so good. I notice I also have some expired downloads, which I didn't realise. :)
simoncroft

Postby integratron » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:14 pm

So if you have an expired download, what are you supposed to do if your hard drive goes south? :?:
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby hugo.jean7 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:12 am

Hello everyone ,i am actually very curious about the ik multimedia support you have when trouble occure... For me , right now i experiment some disapointment.

I have buying a total studio 2 MAX , but see nothing in my product section exept the serial number of studio max but no install button option . So after that they tell me i have to install the famous new product manager to be able to see all my product included in total sudio 2 max . HERE that come complicated, because a download the application BUT , after the download NOTHING appening ... normally it suppose to be the login page of the product manager , after that a suppose to be able to put my serial number , and after that having acces to the home page of product manager to view my product and install that ... BUT NOTHING...

and the worst part is i have made a few ticket support about that . The first one respond was a link to Ik multimedia product...?? The second , just NO reply at all... and the third the guy ( i don’t mention is name...it is not the point ) , they respond to me two times with actually no solution to my problems ( not sure if the staff take the time for reading all our tickets description...) . Anyway they seems to me really pro active to respond to me , until they asked a screenshot ... after that the guy seems disappear... HELP please , too much losing time...

By the way , if they don’t have solution , just telling ... I know we have 180 days to download the stuff , but actually IT IS NOT the customer problems...
hugo.jean7

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:30 pm

integratron wrote:So if you have an expired download, what are you supposed to do if your hard drive goes south? :?:

Downloads only expire, after 180 days, for the main Sounds Library files. Before your disk fails, make a back-up of those download files to another disk (as recommended by iK Multimedia) or, back up the library after you have installed it.

Otherwise you will need to get a single Sounds Download Reactivation and you will be able download ALL of your Sounds Libraries for a further 180 days.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:16 pm

hugo.jean7 wrote:Hello everyone ,i am actually very curious about the ik multimedia support you have when trouble occure... For me , right now i experiment some disapointment. ...

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have run into. The IK Product Manager is a very new product and will, of course, have some initial problems. The best way to proceed is to continue to work with Support. Please Reply to your Support emails asking for further guidance.

The Support workload is high at the moment, so please be patient. They will get your problems sorted out.

In your User Area, all current products have a download link for the Product Manager ("IKPM"). After that has been downloaded and installed you should then be able to download and install the Total Studio 2 MAX products. But as that step s not working for you only Support can help. This is primarily a user to user forum, and while other users may chime in, we would only be guessing and could taking you down the wrong path.

I understand that this is frustrating but please continue with Technical Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby integratron » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:19 pm

I would like to mention that the new Upload Manager worked perfectly for me on Windows 10 Pro. We still do not know what OS this user is on.

Also, I did notice that the download of individual Syntronik instruments did seem to take a long time. about 10 minutes each. Not complaining here. I can only imagine that if I had to DL Amplitube MAX, I would do it late in the day, go to bed, wake up in the am and have a shower and a coffee. Then I would check if the DL had completed and move forward with the install.

Remember, if you set up the new Product Manager to auto-install, it may not have done so... at least it did not for me.

I still needed to go into my email (or IKMM User Area) and copy the serial number. I then had to authorize the plugin using the original IKMM Product Manager to authorize the newly downloaded instrument.

I hope this helps you. Please let us know you you did. :ugeek:
Last edited by integratron on Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:21 pm

dimarias7165 wrote:Windows 10 user here. Thank you IK for creating this app! I see a bright future for this keeping things simple for all of us. With that said, it has taken me days upon days to download all of my plugins and sound files (Total Studio 2 and SampleTank 4 Max). I decided to start from scratch and just use the new Product Manager to install and authorize everything on my desktop computer.

Well, it’s almost finished downloading and installing the final sounds for SampleTank. Everything has been authorized successfully, according to the status screen in Product Manager. As soon as the final sounds are downloaded, I will open SampleTank 4 and see what happens.

So, my question is why can’t I choose a location for my Sounds to be installed? I followed the instruction and when I click the three dots, choose a location on another local hard drive.. nothing happens. Nothing shows up in the folder I selected on that hard drive.

By default, things are installing into the location set by IK which I would have preferred not to use because it’s on my main hard drive and in order to accommodate the massive size of all of the Sound Libraries, I had to scramble and find files to move or delete (non-IK files).

I was hoping to be able to choose a location for the Sound Libraries to be installed but for now I will let everything install into the default location and then move everything to my second hard drive after I know it’s working properly.

You can. It is in the FAQ and manual, please see the following entry in the IK Product Manager FAQ:

What are the More Options menu functionalities?
Find the “More Options” menu by clicking on the three-dot button positioned on the upper right-side of each Sound product. The More Options menu lets you set a different folder position for installing a Sound or the option to reinstall the library from scratch.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:24 pm

integratron wrote:I would like to mention that the new Upload Manager worked perfectly for me on Windows 10 Pro. We still do not know what OS this user is on.

Also, I did notice that the download of individual Syntronik instruments did seem to take a long time. about 10 minutes each. Not complaining here. I can only imagine that if I had to DL Amplitube MAX, I would do it late in the day, go to bed, wake up in the am and have a shower and a coffee. Then I would check if the DL had completed,

AmpliTube MAX would be a much smaller download than Syntronik's instruments.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Really! Sorry, my bad. :oops:
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:30 pm

integratron wrote:Really! Sorry, my bad. :oops:

Not a problem, it isn't tiny but also doesn't have large sample content so it might not be obvious.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dimarias7165 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Peter, thank you for your reply. In my post, I mentioned that I followed the instructions you provided but when I click the three dots and choose another folder to install the sounds, nothing happens. Nothing shows up in that folder. This is after I have already installed the sounds into the default location.
dimarias7165

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:16 pm

dimarias7165 wrote:Peter, thank you for your reply. In my post, I mentioned that I followed the instructions you provided but when I click the three dots and choose another folder to install the sounds, nothing happens. Nothing shows up in that folder. This is after I have already installed the sounds into the default location.

That is a setting, you'd need to set that before the installation. It is a setting, not a sound mover.

However, you can copy (more reasonably move) your installed sound libraries to the new location now and then make sure that setting is set for future installations.

For example, I always have my SampleTank sounds on an external drive which I moved a long time ago and have set my location in IK Product Manager to match that for future installs.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dimarias7165 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
dimarias7165 wrote:Peter, thank you for your reply. In my post, I mentioned that I followed the instructions you provided but when I click the three dots and choose another folder to install the sounds, nothing happens. Nothing shows up in that folder. This is after I have already installed the sounds into the default location.

That is a setting, you'd need to set that before the installation. It is a setting, not a sound mover.

However, you can copy (more reasonably move) your installed sound libraries to the new location now and then make sure that setting is set for future installations.

For example, I always have my SampleTank sounds on an external drive which I moved a long time ago and have set my location in IK Product Manager to match that for future installs.

Again, thank you for your reply. Just to make sure I understand what you wrote.. the process would be if I wanted to install the sound libraries in a different location other than the default location would be to 1st - click the three dots choosing where I want to install that sound library, then 2nd - click the “Install” button and the files would then be installed into that selected location. And this would be the case for each sound library in my list?

If I could make a request that this be an option in settings just like being able to choose where the files are downloaded that would be great.
dimarias7165

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:05 pm

dimarias7165 wrote:Again, thank you for your reply. Just to make sure I understand what you wrote.. the process would be if I wanted to install the sound libraries in a different location other than the default location would be to 1st - click the three dots choosing where I want to install that sound library, then 2nd - click the “Install” button and the files would then be installed into that selected location. And this would be the case for each sound library in my list?

If I could make a request that this be an option in settings just like being able to choose where the files are downloaded that would be great.

You're welcome. Correct, it is an option that is set from when you change it forward for future sound library installs. It does not physically move any existing sound libraries that you've already installed.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dimarias7165 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:46 pm

I think I’ve got all of my SampleTank sounds moved to another hard drive successfully. One question.. when I load the Sampletank 4 sound - “very old piano” there is a crackling sound present when I play this sample. It is constant and sounds like the sound is being played through an old record player. The crackling sound is low in the background. When I load this sound the crackling begins whether I play a note or not. Is this normal for this sound?
dimarias7165

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements