SampleTank bundle confusion? [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

SampleTank bundle confusion? [Resolved]

Postby drum365 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:12 pm

I just purchased an iRig Keys Pro 37. From the Project Manager's "Software" tab, I downloaded SampleTank 4.1.3. Under the "Sounds" tab, I also see SampleTank 4 CS and 4 SE. I assume these are sound libraries? The Project Manager says they have "xxx days left." So they expire?

I'm confused because the iRig Keys Pro page here on the IK website says SampleTank SE comes with the keyboard. Nothing about expiration dates.

So what's the difference between SampleTank SE, SampleTank 4.1.3, and SampleTank 4 CS and 4 SE? And what was included with my keyboard? Is some or all of this "trial" software?

Thanks to anyone who can help dispel my bewilderment!
drum365

Re: SampleTank bundle confusion?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:45 pm

You get SampleTank 4 SE included with iRig Keys 37 Pro: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... php?p=apps

You have 180 days to download the sound libraries for any IK VI, and you should back them up within that time. You should receive an email that solidifies this suggestion when you register/authorize your SampleTank 4 SE.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank bundle confusion?

Postby drum365 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:46 am

Ah - thanks, Peter_IK. Thank makes sense. The "180 days" countdown thing had me confused.

Thanks, again!
drum365

Re: SampleTank bundle confusion? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:51 am

Yes, the 180 days refers only to the time period to download the Sounds Libraries. As Peter says, back them up so you don't need to download them again. Once installed the sounds library files are on your disk for life.

---------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers