arc3 too high bright

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

arc3 too high bright

Postby thepeoplesrepublicofsound » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:12 am

I find that the high end of the arc 3 is way brighter than the arc 2.5. I have the Adam a7x w sub 10 and the hs8 Yamaha and it seems to bright. does any one else have this issue.
thepeoplesrepublicofsound

Re: arc3 too high bright

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:11 pm

Your measurements are unique to your setup and room, and ARC 3 doesn't add any brightness by default so this isn't going to be an issue others will be able to chime in on. And since no other users have (as I would expect they wouldn't) I'd suggest that you make sure you took the measurements following the manual and you can also see the video below, and if you still hear the same results that you feel aren't valid corrections for your room, then please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so.

https://youtu.be/GLB77lZBjvE
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emmanuel.vancour » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:06 pm

Hi,
I tried the v3 trial version because the v2.5 I have bought with MEMS microphone won't install on mac os catalina...
Same issue as above : after analysis, frequencies above 3kHz are way below the normal (about 10dB below).
As a result, the compensation is way above the normal in high frequencies.
It's very weird, because other frequencies seems to be well analysed.

I don't think I will buy v3, because of that issue (and also I didn't get the 50$ update refund, as a v2 owner).
So sad to have spent money for nothing.
emmanuel.vancour

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:38 pm

emmanuel.vancour wrote:Hi,
I tried the v3 trial version because the v2.5 I have bought with MEMS microphone won't install on mac os catalina...
Same issue as above : after analysis, frequencies above 3kHz are way below the normal (about 10dB below).
As a result, the compensation is way above the normal in high frequencies.
It's very weird, because other frequencies seems to be well analysed.

I don't think I will buy v3, because of that issue (and also I didn't get the 50$ update refund, as a v2 owner).
So sad to have spent money for nothing.

I'm sure IK Support can assist you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and get ARC working as expected.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emmanuel.vancour » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:18 am

As you suggested, I have asked support, but I still have no answer after a week.
So disappointed...
emmanuel.vancour

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Hello emmanuel.vancour

If you have not heard back from support you can reply to your own ticket which will give them a nudge to address your request.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby emmanuel.vancour » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:40 am

I don't even know if IK received my ticket, as I don't have any confirmation message...
I have sent another request (to french service), but still no answer.
emmanuel.vancour

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:18 pm

emmanuel.vancour wrote:I don't even know if IK received my ticket, as I don't have any confirmation message...
I have sent another request (to french service), but still no answer.

You would need to use one of the technical categories and you'll receive a confirmation with your ticket number via email. Not so with Sales/Service/General Contact (which aren't for technical issues anyway).

If you definitely did use the technical support form, please check your Spam/Junk folders for the confirmation of your ticket.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools