v1.0.3 Now Available! IK Product Manager

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

v1.0.3 Now Available! IK Product Manager

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Downloading, updating, and managing IK software and plug-ins has never been easier.

Welcome to a new downloading experience! We are proud to present the IK Product Manager - a free, custom-designed software utility that greatly enhances the user experience in managing their IK products on Mac/PC. It enables users to authorize, download, install, register and update the current versions of all their IK products from one central location, and includes convenient features for managing larger downloads and installations more easily.

IK’s software team reviewed popular user requests, and then developed an optimized solution offering multiple benefits for a range of user activities. The resulting IK Product Manager gives users greater control over their products via an easy-to-use, tab-based hub.

Click here to learn more about the IK Product Manager and to download it for free!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: IK Product Manager now available

Postby SergeyTroitsky » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:36 am

Can't log in with my username. Is it because of a space in between?

Turned out it was. I got rid of the space and now it works.
Last edited by SergeyTroitsky on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SergeyTroitsky

Postby chris.o.cowan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:28 am

I tried it, and had four product updates waiting.

I hit update, and downloaded each one. It eventually said the product was installed, but the update button is still orange, and when I open each product, they still seem to be at the previous level.

I'm running the latest Win10 update. (Just happened yesterday)

The products are AmpliTube 4, Hammond B-3X, Sample Tank 4, and T-Racks 5.

Any ideas what the issue is?
chris.o.cowan

Postby Goupil70 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:50 am

Excellent product.

Here is what you could improve:
1 - after download, the automatic installation sometimes doesn't work
-> workaround: go to the "C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager" folder
-> find the folder with the name of your downloaded version of a product
-> unzip the file
-> launch the ".exe" manually
The update shows on the Product Manager after a deco/reco

2 - I have custome folders for VST, VST3 and AAX. The Product Manager doesn't detect this and suggests the default ones.
-> I have to manually correct the folder path in the settings of the installation

3 - I'd like to have a better integration with Password Managers

Nonetheless, this product is a very good one and it is very pleasant to manage all the products in one simple interface !

Thank you !
Goupil70

Postby Goupil70 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:20 am

One other possible improvement:

On each install you have to install "Athorization Manager" and another one (I don't remember exactly) to finish.
Product Manager could detect if those are already installed and up to date so as to not propose this unless needed.

Best regards
Goupil70

Postby ahmulaattori » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 am

I am having the same issue. Thank you in advance, I am sure this will be a killer product (manager) when it's working ok! :-D

chris.o.cowan wrote:I tried it, and had four product updates waiting.

I hit update, and downloaded each one. It eventually said the product was installed, but the update button is still orange, and when I open each product, they still seem to be at the previous level.

I'm running the latest Win10 update. (Just happened yesterday)

Any ideas what the issue is?
ahmulaattori

Postby f.staal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:11 am

I uninstalled the Authorization Manager and installed this one.

I have a few questions/comments:
  • Can I unauthorize other computers from the "Unauthorize" button?
  • The main screen shows a list of installed products, updates, etc. Can that be made to function as a button, so I only see the available updates? Now I still have to hunt through the installed products to find the updates...

Great first try, and way better than the webinterface I had to plough through a few weeks ago when I was migrating to a new computer.
f.staal

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:30 pm

IK Support can help anybody with issues, and I know there's a Windows issue post-Windows Update that they were able to recreate after doing the update and testing specifically that scenario. Please open a ticket and they'll be able to work you through this or any other issue you are having.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hydemusic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:05 pm

This is great!! Finally I see what is and what isn't at a glance. I love how you grouped all like products together ie AmpliTube. Wish ya done it sooner :D
hydemusic

Postby bambony » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi

This is a very good V1.0.0 but as far as I can tell it is missing 1 really basic and important features:

- ability to omit installing sets of sounds in SampleTank. E.g. Users might not want to install the whole library and might just want the Pianos and Drums

Thanks
Tony
Last edited by bambony on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bambony

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:49 pm

bambony wrote:Hi

This is a very good V1.0.0 but as far as I can tell it is missing 2 really basic and important features:
- ability to specify the custom install folder for Sampletank 4 sounds. Not all of us can store 280GB on the system drive, thus we use other internal or external drives.
- ability to omit installing sets of sounds in SampleTank. E.g. Users might not want to install the whole library and might just want the Pianos and Drums

I would say these are essential features overlooked in the functional requirements.

Thanks
Tony

Thank you. For your first item, please check out this entry in the IK Product Manager FAQ:

What are the More Options menu functionalities?
Find the “More Options” menu by clicking on the three-dot button positioned on the upper right-side of each Sound product. The More Options menu lets you set a different folder position for installing a Sound or the option to reinstall the library from scratch.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bambony » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
bambony wrote:Hi

This is a very good V1.0.0 but as far as I can tell it is missing 2 really basic and important features:
- ability to specify the custom install folder for Sampletank 4 sounds. Not all of us can store 280GB on the system drive, thus we use other internal or external drives.

I would say these are essential features overlooked in the functional requirements.

Thanks
Tony

Thank you. For your first item, please check out this entry in the IK Product Manager FAQ:

Hi Peter

I edited my post as you were replying as I found out how to set a custom install folder.

Great work!

Tony
bambony

Postby rbnc » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:45 pm

Not bad for a v1.0, can only get better from here.
Like other users mentioned it doesn't install after downloading, so I guess that's a v1.0 issue.

I do like the UI overall but I would prefer to have the "banner" with the sales/promos at the bottom.
Its less cluttered that way.
I know you want to promote stuff but it could be less intrusive and we already have the Discover/Promo items on the main page.

A few suggestions:
- Ability to hide software.
I don't care for the "trial" Modo Drum/Bass, Lurssen, etc. it's taking up space, and makes it
cluttered.
Or at least sort on activated software first.
- Ability to see (and deactivate) all authorizations per product.
- Ability to resize the window, maybe only vertically.
- It seems to download in between versions and not the newest.
I had Sampletank (4.1.1 or 4.1.0) and it downloaded 4.1.2 then it still wasn't up to date and needed to download 4.1.3... seems to me that 4.1.2 wasn't necessary and should download/install 4.1.3 directly.
- Please remove expiry of sounds, this is so anti-consumer (not a Product Manager issue, but would be nice to ditch this with the release of Product Manager).
rbnc

Postby ikalamazoo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Problems in this release of IK Product Manager:

1) We can’t DEauthorize single products like T-Racks One or AmpliTube SVX.

I have 9 authorisations left in my T-Racks 5 One page, but I HAVE NO T-RACKS 5 installed in my machines.

When I click in IK Product Manager the program let me DEauthorize the T-RACKS 5 Custom Shop ONLY and NOT my T-Racks 5 One.

The same occurs with my AmpliTube 4. I clicked in DEauthrorize my AmpliTube 4 but my AmpliTube 4 Metal and SVX are NOT DEauthorized.

So, even if you DEauthorize a product, you CAN'T REALLY DEauthorize a single product liek T-Racks 5 One or Amplitube SVX like me.

I would like to be able to DEAauthorize PAST authorizations.
ikalamazoo

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:42 pm

You don't deauthorize those because they run in and are authorized as part of T-RackS or AmpliTube. If you feel your counts are still off, please contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they can look directly at your account to see what's happening.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to News and Announcements