Amplitube Crackling

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Crackling

Postby zhiguli8 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:32 pm

I recently updated to Mac Catalina and now Amplitube is very noisy like it's an FM radio station that's passing out of range on the highway. I re-installed it, but that didn't seem to solve the problem. This is in standalone. I've been using a different plugin in my DAW. I'll test it in the Logic later. I've been having a few other problems since I upgraded to Catalina, so I don't know if it's Catalina or my interface or Amplitube that's causing the problem. If anyone has an idea thanks in advance.
zhiguli8

Re: Amplitube Crackling

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Could it be problems with the audio interface buffer size?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zhiguli8 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pm

I changed the buffer and it didn't seem to help, but I only tried one other setting. I'll try a few others and get back. thanks
zhiguli8

Postby dlgebert » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:32 pm

zhiguli8 wrote:I recently updated to Mac Catalina and now Amplitube is very noisy

I have an iMac and I've been on Catalina since it came out and all of my plugins, including Amplitube 4 have been working without a problem. This is the plugin running in Studio One 5 and not the standalone version.

When you're in Logic, how are your other plugins working? Snapping, crackling, popping (not the cereal ;) ) is usually caused by a buffering issue, driver or audio device issue, etc.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby zhiguli8 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 pm

I haven’t had too many problems in Logic. There were some plugins that crashed, but I found updates that fixed those. I used Amplitube in Logic today without a problem, so I’m not sure what’s going on
zhiguli8

Postby acousticglue » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 am

All background noise generally is something accessing internet connections as that is number one cause of interference
acousticglue

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling