AXE I/O: Sound Problem Windows 10 (solved)

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O: Sound Problem Windows 10 (solved)

Postby Donkodoik » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi,

first up, sorry for my english its not my native language.

I have a problem with my AXE I/O i bought it 2 weeks ago and cant run it everytime.
Sometime i have to switch the audio Output in Windows several times from 1/2 Output to 3/4 and 5/6 and back. Or i have to restart the interface. I wrote a ticket to the Support, but i get a standard answer and since 1 week no answer.

I cant get it work with ProTools, with Cubase it works the most times, and windows sounds (browser, games, audio player) its luck,...

Its frustrating since i got the interface, my old Steinberg UR22MK2 worked out of the box und no problems.

I found a topic in this forum with a smilar problem:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe someone can help me with my issure, or i have to give the interface back.

PS: I deactivated the exclusive modus in windows 10 (64bit) already.

Thanks to everyone
Dominik
Last edited by Donkodoik on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donkodoik

Re: AXE I/O: Sound Problem Windows 10

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 pm

Donkodoik wrote:AXE I/O: Sound Problem Windows 10

Below are some past posts that I helped with. Try some of these things and see if they resolve your issue.

dlgebert wrote:First, make sure you are NOT using "asio4all" in Windows. The AXE I/O has its own Windows drivers:

Peter_IK wrote:Our driver is not MME/DirectX it is an official ASIO driver. You should make sure you install the AXE I/O drivers & control panel from your IK User Area and use those drivers.

dlgebert wrote:The current Firmware version as of this post is [v.1.04].
BlackSun3 wrote:And how do you update it?

I have an iMac, so these screen prints are from MacOS:

Image not available on server.
    Please refer to the AXE I/O User Manual.

Again, make sure you are on the latest firmware, have the official AXE I/O Windows driver installed and have the AXE I/O Control Panel installed (see above posts). Below is a link to the AXE I/O FAQ and includes instructions Amplitube 4 and Windows:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Donkodoik » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Thanks,

I tried all of this, but nothing has changed, sometimes it seems the device is fallen asleep and i have to wake it
Donkodoik

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:58 pm

[mod redacted - was quote of an offtopic removed post]

Donkodoik wrote:sometimes it seems the device is fallen asleep and i have to wake it

That is quite odd. I have an iMac and I have my AXE I/O on for hours at a time and that doesn't happen. Does Windows 10 have a power saving feature that is putting USB ports to sleep?

I have Studio One 5 (ex-Cubase developers) and I only show two USB output channels, but the manual does mention 5 ouputs via USB, so maybe it's a Studio One thing, but it never loses or switches outputs like you mentioned. I am getting very low latency with my AXE I/O, about 3ms, and it's been rock solid.

I know Peter from iKM has an AXE I/O running Windows 10 and he may have some suggestions when he sees your post.

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby Donkodoik » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Thank you i appriciate your help

I like the interface, i got cubase session working today and the latency is very very good i also like the reamp feature

Here is a list what i tried
-deinstalled and installed the driver several times
-deactivate in bios an windows and deinstalled all other audio devices (steinberg ur22, asio4all, realtek audio from motherboard) and installed the axe i/o again
-deactivate exclusive mode in windows
-tried another usb port (usb 2.0 and 3.0)
-firmeware is up to date
-it seems there is no power saving activated, do you know where i can find it for the usb connection? Never got a problem with the steinberg interface

-tried it for a few minutes on my laptop(also windows 10) seems to work fine

I got a gigabyte auros B450 mothetboard if that helps
Donkodoik

Postby Donkodoik » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:32 pm

dlgebert wrote:
Donkodoik wrote:sometimes it seems the device is fallen asleep and i have to wake it

That is quite odd. I have an iMac and I have my AXE I/O on for hours at a time and that doesn't happen. Does Windows 10 have a power saving feature that is putting USB ports to sleep?

that was a good hint, thanks for that.
Today i tried my laptop again with cubase, games and youtube, all of this worked fine. I was sure it was no hardware problem.

After your hint i checkt bios settings about the usb and searched windows for some checkboxes, but dindt find anything usb related.

Solution:
now i checkt my mainboard for my usb connections and i disconnected the AXE i/o from a usb 3.0 port to a usb 2.0 and now it works fine like on my laptop (the laptop has only with usb2.0 ports) - i tried that before but maybe i switch from usb3.0 to another usb3.0
I restarted a few times, and turn the axe i/o several times off an on. Opend ProTools, Cubase and Youtube, and a few Games, everything works fine now.

now i am laughing about the easy easy solution :lol:

thanks again! I hope my AXE I/O dont change its mind
Donkodoik

Postby dlgebert » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Donkodoik wrote:that was a good hint, thanks for that.

Sometimes having someone talk thru some of the possibilities sparks an idea to try something. :)

Donkodoik wrote:i disconnected the AXE i/o from a usb 3.0 port to a usb 2.0 and now it works fine

I see on the product spec page it mentions USB 2.0. Another thing I'll keep in mind for future troubleshooting...

Code: Select all
AXE I/O Specifications

Common

Conversion: 24-bit A/D, 24-bit D/A
Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz
Power: DC IN
Device Connection: USB B-Type 2.0
Enclosure: metal sheet

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeio/index.php?p=specs

Dave
dlgebert

Re: AXE I/O: Sound Problem Windows 10 (solved)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Worth keeping in mind but this is not a universal problem. I've got two separate AXE I/O units plugged into USB 3 ports on Windows 10 machines without fail. Luckily for the third machine I sometimes plug an AXE I/O into as it only has USB 3 :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Also note that I have different setups and the one I just used AXE I/O with (a Windows 10 gaming-optimized PC) does not have this particular setting changed but other folks may benefit from changing the power settings for the USB bus which was alluded to above. You can find a great set of audio PC optimization tips from Sweetwater, including the power settings for your USB bus if I recall correctly, but you may have to roll back to see if this works as this section of their site seems to be having issues currently: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... indows-10/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Donkodoik » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:23 pm

dlgebert wrote:
Donkodoik wrote:
Common

Conversion: 24-bit A/D, 24-bit D/A
Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz
Power: DC IN
Device Connection: USB B-Type 2.0
Enclosure: metal sheet[/code]

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeio/index.php?p=specs

Dave

I thought usb3 is better because its faster, but i should mention it.

But thanks again dave for the hint

Hope this topic will help other users with similar problem
Donkodoik

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:59 pm

It is true that USB3 is faster but USB2 connectivity provides many (I believe thousands of) times the bandwidth necessary for bidirectional full audio signal processing so it is all good. And AXE I/O should work in both USB2 and USB3 ports because the USB3 ports are backward compatible.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Donkodoik » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:54 am

Peter_IK wrote:It is true that USB3 is faster but USB2 connectivity provides many (I believe thousands of) times the bandwidth necessary for bidirectional full audio signal processing so it is all good. And AXE I/O should work in both USB2 and USB3 ports because the USB3 ports are backward compatible.

i also think its a problem with my mainboard, maybe some bios settins, and has nothing todo with de AXE I/O itself, just in combination.

BTW i love the interface since
Donkodoik

Postby dlgebert » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:03 pm

Donkodoik wrote:BTW i love the interface since

Thanks for the update. I love the AXE I/O as well and I hate to see someone lose out on a great product because of some small issue or something unrelated to the unit itself.

Many times when we reach out to help, we never hear back again from the original poster, so it's great to hear you are doing well with it now. :)

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:30 pm

dlgebert wrote:Many times when we reach out to help, we never hear back again from the original poster, so it's great to hear you are doing well with it now. :)

THIS. Thank you OP.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vincent_n2003 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:36 pm

dlgebert wrote:[mod redacted - was quote of an offtopic removed post]

I have Studio One 5 (ex-Cubase developers) and I only show two USB output channels, but the manual does mention 5 ouputs via USB, so maybe it's a Studio One thing, but it never loses or switches outputs like you mentioned. I am getting very low latency with my AXE I/O, about 3ms, and it's been rock solid.

I know Peter from iKM has an AXE I/O running Windows 10 and he may have some suggestions when he sees your post.

Dave

-----------------------
I was curious about what folks are getting for latency on the AXE I/O and IRIG PRO interfaces?

3ms seems really fast and not what other folks have been publishing.

Thanks.
vincent_n2003

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers