iLoud Micro Monitors buzzing when playing certain notes

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

iLoud Micro Monitors buzzing when playing certain notes

Postby johnv.salazar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:46 am

I recently got these iLoud Micro Monitors to play sounds out of my keyboard. They sound great, however, when playing a B3 or Bb3 or the same notes an octave above (B4, Bb4) at higher velocities/volumes the left speaker makes a very noticeable high pitched buzzing noise as if a piece of hardware within the speaker is resonating with the note. The is especially prominent when playing rhodes tones from my keyboard. This does not happen with the right speaker as far as I can tell (or if it does, it is not nearly as frequent or noticeable). Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a defect?
johnv.salazar

Re: iLoud Micro Monitors buzzing when playing certain notes

Postby Radamson » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:42 am

I have the same exact problem! Same exact notes. Just bought these maybe 2 months ago, and only recently have they started this. Has to be a manufacturer malfunction.
Radamson

Re: iLoud Micro Monitors buzzing when playing certain notes

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:51 pm

This is not normal behavior. If you feel you have an issue with a defective unit, this forum is not for direct technical support so you must report this to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers