how to connect unodrum with unosynth

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

how to connect unodrum with unosynth

Postby jackgz » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 am

Dear all,

I bought last week UNODrum, I've already unosynth.
My wish is to play together in syncro.
I've tried to connect together in this way:
audio out UNODRUM to audio in UNOSYNTH
MIDI out UNODRUM to MIDI IN UNOSYNTH
AUDIO OUT SYNTH to monitors.

the instruments play together in Syncro, but can't play unosynth separately of unodrum.
The sequencer and arpeggio is commanded, play and
copying the unodrum's patterns.
In there any solution to play unosynth separately to unodrum but remaining in syncro ?

I hope to be explain .

for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz7dxEN2F28
jackgz

Re: how to connect unodrum with unosynth

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 am

Just a guess (as I do not have both):

The Sequencer and Arpeggio MIDI in UNO Drum go out of MIDI Out to UNO Synth and trigger the synth too. What happens if you disconnect the MIDI connection? Or do you need that connection for synchronization?

Have a look at Sync Mode, MIDI Interface Mode and MIDI Soft Thru on the UNO Synth.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jackgz » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:17 pm

I want to play the unosynth pattern with pattern unodrum, both and in syncro.
Like the video that I added my last message.If you see that video at 5.33 minute, they playing both uno's unit in syncro with no trigger in the unosynth.
I don't able like them and I do not know why..

probably is the wrong setting in midi ?
but they can't explain that and they no setting anything!
in the video he said one reference to cc20 midi channel at 3.40 minute in the video..
jackgz

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:51 pm

When you can, try these steps. Remember you can alter this set up to allow the UNO Synth to control the UNO Drum or vice versa.

1) Connect the 3.5mm Audio OUT on your UNO Synth into your UNO Drum Audio IN.

*This let's you monitor both UNO Drum and Synth from the output on the UNO Drum. This can be done in either order, UNO Drum to Synth or vice versa.

2) Connect the MIDI OUT on the UNO Synth into the UNO Drum MIDI IN.

*This let's you send MIDI CLOCK (BPM / TEMPO) from one device to the other. This can be done either way, but you must follow the next step carefully.

3) Set the SYNC on your UNO Drum to "EXT". Tap the ALT button, then SYNC to see this option. Once done, you are good to go!

*This sets the UNO Drum to accept "EXT" or External (2.5mm) MIDI input. This will allow for the Tempo/BPM and any other MIDI DATA to flow from one unit to the other. This can be done in either order once you are familiar with the process.

4) Use the MIDI Channels to make sure MIDI NOTE ON/OFF Messages don't make it through. To do this, we will change the UNO Drum MIDI IN to MIDI CH 2. Tap the ALT button, then the MIDI button. Use the DATA knob to change this to MIDI Channel 2.

*After tapping ALT -> MIDI You can tap MIDI again to change the MIDI OUT setting if needed. This should help the MIDI CLOCK (BPM / Tempo) pass without the MIDI NOTE ON/OFF Messages.

Feel free to shoot me a PM for any extra clarification or help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 am

Ah ha - it was using the MIDI IN Channel as a filter that I missed. :)

So, if I have got it right:

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jackgz » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 am

thank you for your Instructions,I've tried with your instructions and them works perfect in syncro!
But the last image in the Darkstar's message is the opposite connection than you indicate...

than I believe if is possible to connect my iRingkeys I/O to unosynth for playing the last one.
Using the program uno synth editor, will may it possible ?
jackgz

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:47 pm

True :) I was doing the config you wanted: You -> UNO Drum -> UNO Synth -> Monitors. :) On re-reading Ryan's post, he has set it up the other way round (so the Synth's MIDI notes would be ignored by the Drums).

Which ones works for you?

I think that you may be able to connect the iRIg Keys (Device) to the first one in the chain (MIDI IN) and set its MIDI Channel to that used on the UNO Synth but please wait for a definitive answer or contact Technical Support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jackgz » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:25 am

I'm going to try both connections, than I will know the best solutions for me.

yeah, I'm waiting for a solution to connect my irig keys I/O by the technical support (riyan_ik? :mrgreen: )

by the way, thanks to all for the support and the resolution :) :)
jackgz

Postby DJRich50 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:27 pm

I'd like to know if I can connect UNO Drum to UNO synth pro and then uno synth pro to my IK AXE I/O interface which my monitors are hooked n with. I need to know what cables I need as well. IK recommends getting a mixer so one doesn't affect the other.

Sorry gang I am old. Never used MIDI before and not really sure what it does. Do I have to connect the midi from uno drum to uno synth and if I do that now I cannot connect midi to the interface??? Not even sure what the MIDI does yet. I read about it and its as clear as mud to me
:(
DJRich50

Postby DJRich50 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Forgot to mention, do I need the midi at all?
DJRich50

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth