Serial Number

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Serial Number

Postby tyober » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Hello,

I bought the UNO Synth second hand and want to update the firmware.
I tried the number at the device but it is not working.
Where can I found the serial number?

Thank you,
Stefan
tyober

Re: Serial Number

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:43 pm

The serial number is on a card in the box. Please contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for more assistance with hardware transfers, and you may want to reach out to the seller to see if they can provide the original serial number from that card. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tyober » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:29 am

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to contact the customer support, but you need a serial number for that :D

So, now I contacted the sales support.
tyober

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:43 pm

tyober wrote:Thank you for your reply.

I tried to contact the customer support, but you need a serial number for that :D

So, now I contacted the sales support.

You do not need a serial number, you can click the icon next to any field for more guidance and in case of the serial number field it gives suggestions as to what to type in there if you do not have one.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CaptAdventure » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:49 pm

I also did not have registration card in the box and no way to find serial number to register product. The serial number needs to be on the device like any other electronic device. That as much for security also as how else can you track a stolen device?
CaptAdventure

Postby tyober » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:30 am

Hi Peter,

thank you for your reply.

I have contacted the customer support and even send the purchase evidence to them.
Since one week I am not getting a reply.
The Support Ticket number is #5998406

I really need to update my Uno Synth unit because the current version is faulty (chaining patterns randomly).
tyober

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:40 pm

CaptAdventure wrote:I also did not have registration card in the box and no way to find serial number to register product. The serial number needs to be on the device like any other electronic device. That as much for security also as how else can you track a stolen device?

Please contact support they will also be able to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:42 pm

tyober wrote:Hi Peter,

thank you for your reply.

I have contacted the customer support and even send the purchase evidence to them.
Since one week I am not getting a reply.
The Support Ticket number is #5998406

I really need to update my Uno Synth unit because the current version is faulty (chaining patterns randomly).

Relayed. Please note that the team has an unusually high number of tickets and would normally answer within 1-2 business days but there may be delays due to this high ticket volume.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tyober » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:01 am

Thank you!

I received a reply and updated the software,
but there was no response about the successful update.

Is there a way to check which software version is installed?
tyober

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:59 pm

The firmware version is displayed during the startup process, right after "CAL".
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby briantunning1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:04 pm

I have the same issue... why does IK make updating the firmware so difficult? I have a support question out to them now.
briantunning1

Postby Subotnik75 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:31 pm

briantunning1 wrote:I have the same issue... why does IK make updating the firmware so difficult? I have a support question out to them now.

Same problem here. Did you ever get a resolution?
Subotnik75

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth