UNO Synth: No Sound [Resolved]

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth: No Sound [Resolved]

Postby Mootz12 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:20 pm

Hello,

I have the synth connected via midi out to midi in, in a audio interface (UA-25EX).
The interface is connected to the laptop. Firmware updated.
I also have the unit powered via usb.

I can see there is a connection in the Editor.
I can also see a connection when I run through mixcraft.

I cannot get the sound though in either.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
There is not much info in the manual.

Thanks.
Mootz12

Re: No Sound

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Hello Mootz12 and welcome to the forum

If I understand you correctly, you've got the UNO synth connected as a MIDI keyboard.

Looking at the manual, I think that to get the audio from the synth connect the Audio Out on the UNO Synth to an input on your audio interface then select that device in your DAW.

That is assuming the the UNO Synth does not send the audio down the USB cable, that is, the USB is used for power and MIDI only.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Mootz12 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:43 pm

Thanks Darkstar. That works getting the audio into the DAW. I can record into a regular audio track.
I'm surprised I cannot record the midi signal into the DAW through the midi out.
Maybe I'm missing something?
Mootz12

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 pm

It looks as though you can (I do not have a UNO Synth):

So, connect it via the USB cable and in your DAW's MIDI input Devices you should see the UNO Synth.

Or if connected to a MIDI In on the UA-25EX it should also appear -- perhaps with a different device name.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Mootz12 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks for your help.

When plugged in through the usb, it will (partly) act like an interface. You can use the notes, arp and limited tweaks on most 3rd party VST's. These will record okay as midi notes.

The Uno Editor however is only available for 64bit windows and I have 32bit.
Although when I tried it on another pc with 64bit, the Editor was hit and miss whether it would connect.

It'll do the trick :D
Mootz12

Re: UNO Synth: No Sound [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Good Oh :)

There's probably some magic trick to perform to get the Editor to connect reliably. ;)

------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: UNO Synth: No Sound [Resolved]

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:38 pm

There is information in the IK FAQ with tips on how to make sure you can connect your UNO to the Editor on your device, and those should help in almost all cases. Click here to check out all of the UNO Synth FAQ entries here for future reference
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth