The basics of streaming

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

The basics of streaming

Postby JohnKay777 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Hello All,

I recently bought an irig produo to improve the sound quality on Facebook live streaming (DJ)

I pluged mixer outputs to the duo inputs and sent the monitor outputs from the duo to amplification. The Android phone was connected by the supplied wire through the multi pin connection on the duo.

The duo is not registering any input signal nor sending any signal out

Need some basic help here.

Do you HAVE to have an app installed on the phone to allow operation?
JohnKay777

Re: The basics of streaming

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:25 pm

The iRig Pro Duo I/O, iRig Stream, and any digital-based (Audio interface) iRig devices will require an app for operation. On most LIVE apps, the device is not activated until going live.

To check if your hardware is compatible with Android, use the iRig Recorder 3 app or the Android Video/Camera app. The iRig Recorder 3 app will allow for input monitoring for iRig devices which don't have Direct Monitoring, like the iRig Pro Duo I/O.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 3&hl=en_US

If your device is not working with iRig Recorder 3, you can check with support for some other options. Once a ticket is open, feel free to PM me the ticket number and I will flag your case for the team.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

If this works, but you're having troubles with operating any other apps, it would be best to check with the app's support team which is not working.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby JohnKay777 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:39 pm

Out of interest, I've seen a lot of reviews ( post purchase) citing problems with Android and the app mentioned.

Does the product and app sync better with Apple products ... I phones?

If so what's the oldest Apple i-phone I could use reliably with the product, what spec / o.s. etc
JohnKay777

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 pm

JohnKay777 wrote:Out of interest, I've seen a lot of reviews ( post purchase) citing problems with Android and the app mentioned.

Does the product and app sync better with Apple products ... I phones?

If so what's the oldest Apple i-phone I could use reliably with the product, what spec / o.s. etc

The latest iOS device is always suggested when possible, but iOS devices are all very similar. I personally use an iPhone 6S with no issues, but as long as you can run the latest iOS, your device should be fine for some time. Since iOS devices are similar to each other, this does make it easier to suggest than Android, which has so many manufacturers, models, and variations of those models.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby JohnKay777 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:49 am

Hey Ryan,
Thanks for this. I'm not made of money, as they say, so looking into a second hand one looks to be a good idea. Will do some research.
JohnKay777

Postby Rcarnighan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:01 pm

I bilieve you actually “can” go stereo into face book but you have to simultaneously plug into iRig. This takes a hard to find female firewire to two male firewire splitter cable OR
A female firewire to 2 female firewire adapter with two male to male firewire cables (very hard to find).
Ron in NC
Rcarnighan

Return to General Discussions