Can you just drag and drop a kit ?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Can you just drag and drop a kit ?

Postby DutchVai » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Please be kind to the newbie here...... but I'm curious to know if you can just drag and drop a kit and start playing along with it like a good old fashioned drum machine ? Thank you for your time.
DutchVai

Re: Can you just drag and drop a kit ?

Postby garfy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:16 pm

Hello DutchVai and welcome to the forum.

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean, but in MODO Drum there are a large number of MIDI patterns that you can drag and drop into the channel in your DAW and MODO Drum will play them back for you.

Alternatively you can select drum kit and 'play' it using a MIDI keyboard and record that performance in your DAW

Hope that helps answer the question?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DutchVai » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:34 pm

Hey garfy..... just started getting familiar with Live Lite 10, and it seems when I drag a drum kit onto the channel it wants me to create the drum track manually, whereas say in GarageBand you drag/drop the drum track and you can instantly play along with it. Perhaps I need more time with Live Lite 10. I would have no problem spending the time editing/building and creating with all there is offered with MODO Drum, but if I could start out the same way as it is in GarageBand that would be great.

Thanks for your reply \m/
DutchVai

Postby DutchVai » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:40 am

I should have stated that I haven't purchased MODO Drum just yet, so I'm not having issues with it, but the "drummers" in Live Lite 10 all seem to want me to create the rhythm/beat after dropping a kit onto a channel. I'm hoping that MODO drum will allow me to plug 'n play so to speak.

Cheers.
DutchVai

Postby garfy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:11 am

Hiya.

I think what you're referring to in GarageBand is "Drummer". The GUI is mostly yellow and you can change the performance characteristics (Soft/Hard, Simple/Complex) by moving the puck around the grid to control the virtual musician.

If I'm correct, then I'm afraid this is not how MODO Drum works (nor for that matter is there anything in Ableton that achieves the same). What you can do with MODO Drum is audition the included 1400+ MIDI 'Grooves' in the main app and then drag/drop them straight into Ableton (or whatever DAW) to adapt them and build the song. Not quite as immediate as Drummer, but easier and quicker than playing in your own patterns from scratch.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:09 pm

If you are looking for an intelligent drummer, Jamstix should now support MODO DRUM: https://www.rayzoon.com/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS