Hammond B3 inverted keys on midi controller

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B3 inverted keys on midi controller

Postby lapepa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:02 am

Hi,

How do I access the inverted keys on my midi piano? I can get to the 2nd lowest G or the low G before the inverted keys, but the inverted keys don't respond on my controller, even though I have an 88key piano.
How do I assign the inverted keys on my midi controller? Thanks.
lapepa

Re: Hammond B3 inverted keys on midi controller

Postby reuelt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:29 am

The B-3X inverted keys are (inherently) there on MY MIDI controllers (both M-Audio Oxygen 61 Silver) IF I press the left side of the "transpose button" to transpose the whole keyboard 1 octave (-1) lower.

I would transpose down, select an inverted key patch and then immediately transpose back to normal for playing. It is possible to leave it at -1 transposed, but I would have to play at one octave higher with my hands.

Hope you get the clue

Reuel
reuelt

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:56 pm

While these inverted keys are trigger by basic MIDI Note On/Off messages, and should not require any extra set up, in stand alone, Hammond B-3X offers a couple of settings if you click the COG WHEEL.

Check the image out below. Make sure your Transpose is set correctly for your controller, with an 88 key you should be okay to leave this at 0. If 0 triggers notes too far right to hit the inverted keys, go to -12.

Next, make sure you are on the correct MIDI Channel for the Manual/Keyboard (Upper Manual/Keyboard, Lower Manual/Keyboard, and Foot Pedals) you are on.

Lastly, check your MIDI input to make sure it looks correct. If you're triggering any notes however, this should be okay.

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby reuelt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:While these inverted keys are trigger by basic MIDI Note On/Off messages, and should not require any extra set up, in stand alone, Hammond B-3X offers a couple of settings if you click the COG WHEEL.

Check the image out below. Make sure your Transpose is set correctly for your controller, with an 88 key you should be okay to leave this at 0. If 0 triggers notes too far right to hit the inverted keys, go to -12.

Next, make sure you are on the correct MIDI Channel for the Manual/Keyboard (Upper Manual/Keyboard, Lower Manual/Keyboard, and Foot Pedals) you are on.

Lastly, check your MIDI input to make sure it looks correct. If you're triggering any notes however, this should be okay.

I think B-3X could have a bug.
Is it currently limiting keyboard entry to only 61 notes instead of 73 notes?
(12 for inverted keys + 61 normal keys must equal 73 and not 61)
Hope I am wrong.
reuelt

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:50 pm

That should not be the case, we demo the product with full size keyboards.

Check that your MIDI controller didn't change the MIDI channel of your lower keys. Sometimes this happens to allow split-functionality. I live to use MIDI monitors for this. Try on Mac the MIDI WRENCH app. On Windows try MIDI OX.

https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/
http://www.midiox.com/

The link below also shows the Hammond B-3X split, check this page and set split to OFF. Click the ADVANCED button to find this page.

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby reuelt » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:While these inverted keys are trigger by basic MIDI Note On/Off messages, and should not require any extra set up, in stand alone, Hammond B-3X offers a couple of settings if you click the COG WHEEL.

Why is pitchbend on your capture.jpg set to 12?
Are you intentionally shifting your B-3X one octave higher?
Thanks

Also, am I not permitted to upload pictures /attachments in this forum?
reuelt

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:15 am

reuelt wrote:Why is pitchbend on your capture.jpg set to 12?
Are you intentionally shifting your B-3X one octave higher?
Thanks

Also, am I not permitted to upload pictures /attachments in this forum?

We don't allow any photos to be uploaded to the forum, but photos uploaded elswhere can be used with the "Img" tag ([img]URL[/img]).

My settings were just there for testing the program, but feel free to use Pitch Bend as far as you'd like. It can actually create some interesting sounds when used together with FX.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby reuelt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:22 am

Thank You
reuelt

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More