Issue with one speaker at lower volume

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Issue with one speaker at lower volume

Postby jungbinlim » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi thanks for taking a look:

I have the iLoud Micro Monitors, plugged in via aux input to my computer.

Sometimes, especially at lower volumes, only the left speaker starts to sound muffled. I want to say it's the upper frequencies? (like vocals and guitar etc) but don't take that too exactly

This can be fixed temporarily by raising the volume above a certain point, at which point it goes back to normal.

I've looked through the forum but can't find a similar issue. I've called IK support which directed me to this forum. Please let me know if this sounds familiar. Thanks!
jungbinlim

Re: Issue with one speaker at lower volume

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:41 pm

IK support wouldn't normally redirect to this forum, as this is not a technical support forum. They should be able to assist you with this issue more than the users will be. Since you say you called, our IK Support team does not function over the phone so I would assume it was answered by someone in sales or similar. Note that IK Support is handled exclusively via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

That said, I'd first make sure that the cable that connects the two iLoud Micro Monitor units is securely connected and connected properly (there are cases where people may have been able to connect the cable upside down). If that doesn't help please use the link above to open a support ticket for direct and official IK Support. They would also be the only ones who can handle the issue if it turns out to be a warranty claim.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jungbinlim » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi Peter, thanks so much for the reply!

I checked the link, but I can't find anywhere I can send a technical support ticket.

From what I can tell, there are 6 FAQ's in each section (hardware, software, etc) and a "Search FAQ" button, but I am confused on how to actually contact IK Support.

Please let me know where I can send a question. (Btw, the # I called was the one listed in the warranty document)
jungbinlim

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm

The top bar says " Before contacting the Support team, please review your product's User Manual or visit the FAQ page as there is a chance that your issue has been addressed already and can be quickly resolved." and once you click the link to visit/search the FAQ you will see a link to the contact support form if those FAQ entries do not resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers