Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Postby cdillnerhagen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:57 am

I wish for a much more CPU friendly version of Modo Drums. I work exclusively at 96k and Modo Drum is a CPU hog. My sessions go from 10-15% CPU usage in Pro Tools 2020.5.0 without Modo Drum to 40-50% usage with one instrument track with Modo Drum. Even worse (70-90%) with effects.

Also wish for better dry sounds and more control over each sound. I feel the current dry sounds are mediocre.
cdillnerhagen

Postby ProLevelGuitar » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:22 pm

It would be great if you could expand the snare drum to 8".
I was trying to recreate the snare sound of the Ludwig black beauty 14x8 as this is one of the holy grails of snares and my band's drummer has one.
One of the most recorded snares in history IMO should be obtainable in Modo Drums :)
ProLevelGuitar

Postby Straight2Vinyl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 am

Please add

1. The option to map any drum hit to as many notes/pads as wanted. It can be helpful for serious finger drummers to be able to map things to multiple pads for example, rather than have to awkwardly reach hands from one side to the other.
If this doesn't make sense, just youtube search finger drumming techniques on youtube like Quest For Groove.

Less important:

2. Articulations and rudiments eg. rolls, buzzes etc.

3. A drum sequencer.
Straight2Vinyl

Postby cdillnerhagen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 pm

PhilipMikols wrote:Control over snare side stick and rim click sounds.

MODO GUITAR!!!!!!!!

Agree. Individual control over snare stick and rim would be great. Also wish for more and better sounding dry kicks, snares and hi-hats sounds.

Modo guitar with many different realistic strumming options would be great. Of course it needs to be able to play individual notes and chords and riffs aswell.
cdillnerhagen

Postby dpage4u » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:29 am

I’ve more of a concern, more so than a wish —as it’s outside a belief in tooth fairies!

What really concerns me is your lack of an hi hat cymbal foot splash in MODO DRUM. Foot splash functionality as an important feature along with all the others the competitors have diligently decided to include I view also as very important to me individually as a drummer naturally —but e-drummer equally if not now indeed especially. Although obviously MODO DRUM fails at some of the bare basics which normally drummers can very often expect from drum product companies. And, what will become made readily available to them themselves (even upon MIDI drums that are realistically just to mimic mainly acoustic sets and kits).

For example cymbal chokes from the modern drum modules worth my own mentioning go without any company saying from you inside IK Multimedia at all! Yet they are a given to the drummers who today are indeed buying other drum VST software products and very much liking them as these types of articulations are as well always possible on any of the various acoustic drum kits MODO DRUM is supposedly to model indeed accurately.

I for one want now to see this product done responsibly; even though it just might take the whole team there now to do it.

Obviously, you have some really enormous potentiality with modeled drums and ostensibly modeled cymbals. (I just feel cymbals are next, since successfully others have modeled vibraphone and tubular bell instruments found also in some of the other softwares.) PIANOTEQ is another software that has those modeled. (I know; I’ve a copy.)

Since drummers appear very enthusiastic about many of the far reaching possibilities afforded by drum software, very economically IK Multimedia can help those truly to grasp them better in its own technology one that is undoubtedly superior to another, namely drum sampling from other software and hardware companies.

So, honestly I’m appreciative right now of all your effort and the outstanding MODO DRUM product I got already from you at IK Multimedia.

Thank you for all your hard work and efforts!
Last edited by dpage4u on Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 23 times in total.
dpage4u

Postby dpage4u » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:59 am

Oh, let me know if mallets are possible along with narrow selectable stick sizes!

Man, I'm still playing jazz and want more and more to finesse.
Last edited by dpage4u on Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dpage4u

More Precise Sends & Pans

Postby alsim » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:37 pm

The slider for pans and the circular knob thingies for sends just aren't getting it done for me.

Too hard to use and too imprecise.

I like to key in values. If there's some way to do that, I'd love to know.

But I don't think there is. So please add it!

Overall, a really great product. Really love it.
alsim

Mixer Musings

Postby alsim » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:01 pm

The button row for selecting sections (Model | Customize | etc) is taller than it needs to be. Making it a little shorter would create more vertical room for the mixer.

On the mixer itself, the faders are taller than they need to be, and there is a sizable gap between the associated numeric inputs and outputs and the actual faders themselves.

You should be able to free up enough vertical space to show the OH / Room sends and the FX sends all the time, and not have to toggle between them using the buttons over in the master section.

SampleTank lets you enter numeric values by clicking on controls. It would be create if Modo Drum supported that as well.
alsim

Postby Paul_2112 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:18 pm

I don't own MODO Drums yet (group buy pending!), but I did search and didn't see these GUI features requested yet:

1. The ability to choose the finish for each drum/drum kit, since we may like the appearance of a kit but not the sound, or vice versa. Adding more optional finishes (or allowing users to add custom finishes) would also be awesome.

2. The ability to customize the bass drum heads with our own graphic (properly skewed by the software, of course).

Just a few ideas to help make generic software instruments truly "our own" instruments :)

I also second the requests for brushes & mallets, and the ability to turn off the snares.
Paul_2112

Postby StevenMikel » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:25 am

1.Swing,humanize and accent controls for grooves.
2.Grooves in the style of famous drummers past to present.Some of my favorites are,Aynsley Dunbar,Ian Paice,Bill Ward, etc....
3.The ability to add 3rd party grooves
4.A transient designer
5.Saturator X
6.A stripped down version of Sunset Sound Studio Reverb.Maybe just the rooms with damping controls and high and low pass filters.
7.High and low pass filters for the rooms.
8.Tuning of resonant snare head
9.Ability to turn off snares.
10.A user default preset.
11.More articulations for the tambourine
12.Preview on the Edit Element and Customize pages
13.A Ludwig Classic Maple kit in champagne sparkle.
14.A chrome Slingerland Magnum kit
15.Multiple claps
16.A crash/ride cymbal
Last edited by StevenMikel on Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StevenMikel

Postby StevenMikel » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:36 pm

On my wish list I asked for grooves in the styles of famous drummers past to present.I couldn't think of any recent drummers and I intentionally avoided some of the obvious choices.Here are some recent(ish)drummers to add to that list.Chad Smith,Taylor Hawkins,Brad Wilk,Scott Rockenfield,Danny Carey,Mike Mangini.
StevenMikel

Postby jwatts2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:24 pm

Please could we have more presets, with names that make it clear what they're emulating. I realise there might be some copyright issues but I'd love some Pink Floyd / Nick Mason presets.
Also please can we have another ride cymbal; only having one ride plus a ride bell is bit limiting.
jwatts2

Postby mtmtmt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 pm

1) a record button in the standalone, for those quick ideas, without needing to fire up the DAW.
2) "save this kit as default startup preset"
mtmtmt

Postby migaloo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:34 pm

Upgrade from MODO DRUM SE?
At the moment there is only a crossgrade option from SE. Will you add the ability to add extra kits to SE? (Also applies to MODO BASS SE)
migaloo

Postby jdtay2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:10 am

Hi all,

I would love to have CPU scaling (e.g. High/ Low Quality).

I find MODO DRUM uses a lot of CPU and this can be a disruption to workflow when doing quick demos (where the quality is less important).

Thanks
jdtay2

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS