Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby carlaz » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:18 pm

fiveblairs wrote:I have a gear modeling request that is particularly appropriate for playing/recording guitar through computer simulation. For those of us who have occasion to use acoustic feedback as an effect, Digitech's FreqOut acoustic feedback simulator pedal is a perfect fit for inclusion as a gear model.

I'd agree that some kind of feedback simulator would be kind of fun. 8-) I mean, sure: I can turn up the speakers on my computer to the point where I get natural feedback, but since one of the major advantages of AmpliTube is that I can simulate thunderous guitar amplification quietly in my headphones :D that's not really something I usually want to actually do! :roll:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Abikis » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:08 pm

Please give the option to "Record next loop" (spacebar) via the midi controls. You can record/start/stop each loop individually, and start/stop all via midi but record next can only be done via the keyboard, I see no reason this can't be a midi option to make the looper controls more flexible.
Abikis

Postby bosone » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:38 am

I really wish you can add a very simple option to LINK left and right settings when you use a stereo setup.
it's incredible that no one is requesting or wanting this, or think that it could be so useful when you are recording stereo rhythm tracks.
bosone

Postby rj.gray » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:33 pm

bosone wrote:I really wish you can add a very simple option to LINK left and right settings when you use a stereo setup.
it's incredible that no one is requesting or wanting this, or think that it could be so useful when you are recording stereo rhythm tracks.

I requested this one page ago- I think plenty of people want this, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen plenty of people request this.

I’ll second it, though.
rj.gray

Postby bosone » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:45 pm

rj.gray wrote:
I requested this one page ago- I think plenty of people want this, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen plenty of people request this.

I’ll second it, though.

It's unbelievable that after 4 versions and since its dawn, this very basic and simple function is still not available...
bosone

Postby Allerious » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:50 pm

Metronome needs option to stress the first beat of each bar.
Last edited by Allerious on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allerious

Postby pat1052 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:58 am

amplitube's amp modelling is incredible.... but cabinet and mic sound is still ...

ir loader or whole brand new cabint sound is needed.... then, kemper would be no loger needed...

Ik multimedia could make it...

Compare the sound of cabinet and mic...

Amplitube amp sound is the best... but for cabinet and mic sound..
pat1052

Postby carlaz » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:03 pm

I'm not sure I agree that the Cab Room is not as good as the rest of the AmpliTube package, but I do think that it is much harder to learn to use.

It's not hard to flip through a list of IRs and finally settle on the one that seems to sound best, but it is hard to juggle all the parameters in the Cab Room to try to get something that you like. There are multiple cab models, separate speaker models (that can be mixed and matched), multiple mic models, multiple positions for one or mics that can also then be leveled differently in the mix ....

I think it's so much like "real" engineering, calling for the same kinds of engineering skills and experience, that it overwhelms many of us. :lol:

I've set up little looped recordings of some multitracked power-chord-type riffs in my DAW so I can quickly flip through different settings in AmpliTube, with the stomp/amp and Cab Room settings in different instances of the AmpliTube plugin so that I can use a 100% AmpliTube chain, or I can switch out the Cab Room portion for an IR loader and compare. And, sure: if I've got good IRs (bad IRs are a different matter!), then, sure, I can flip through those rapidly and find something that sounds good. And, sure: it can take me longer to get to the same place in Cab Room -- unless, of course, I've already figured out some good cab/speaker/mic/placement/balancing presets for what I like there, which is basically what an IR is anyway (i.e. a "preset" that captures everything about a given configuration of cab, speaker, mic, etc.)!

I think IKM would benefit from having some more (perhaps many more!) video tutorials on using the Cab Room. If I were just a kid and I didn't know at least the basics (which is about the maximum of what I know! :lol: ) about mic'ing up cabs and capturing guitar tones in a studio situation, I would be pretty lost in the Cab Room, I think.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Yes, the realism and near-infinite possibilities of Cab Room bring the old saying to mind for me: Gives enough rope to hang oneself.

Just like mic'ing a real cabinet can give varying results from superb to horrible and everywhere between, the amount of control in Cab Room can be tricky if you are not familiar with how to mic a real cabinet.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jschrade » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Can we please fix the GUI to resize, especially in Logic? It’s really tiny on a 4K monitor.

That’s it.
jschrade

Postby 4vientos » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:35 am

If a gear model comes with no presets, the first saved preset should be able to be the default, but without being named 'Default', because 'Default' doesn't trigger 'gear memory', as you search for the best fits...remembering things that worked.

If it wouldn't wake up lawyers, let's say out of the distortions, you only ever use one...
being able to rename the Distortion category to, for example, OverScream, would save work. Little shortcuts along the long road add up when beyond your regular saved setups and racks.

Being able to move a gear model from a Collection's menu to head a category menu would be nice. And even better, to have oft use gear on the main menu.

'Collections' could optionally be a main-menu category, making room for oft-used gear titles to be the more front and center items.

A menu designer/editor app that didn't freak out over duplicate entries would be very cool.

A nickels worth, but I have'nt rtfm yet :roll:
4vientos

Postby DDemase1174 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:50 pm

I don't know if or when "Amplitube 5" will be released, but in the future I hope that all of the available amp, cab, stompbox, rackmount FX, microphone, etc. models that will be on it will be modeled (or re-moddelled) using the same Dynamic Interction Modeling technology and the same level of detail that, say, the Joe Satriani collection or Brian May collection uses.

It seems that the gear available for use on Amplitube 4, including what's in the Custom Shop plugin and the "Amplitube Legacy" section, ranges in quality/detail/features/design everything from 2013-quality models to the latest releases, and some of the older modelled gear still seems a little dated for me. Even, say, the Fender amps included with the Jimi Hendriz collection doesn't really "match up" in terms of qualty or detail with the Fender collection amps. It's all great quality, all available in its best possible fidelity/bit rate given the circumstances, all Catalina-friendly and fully functional but it would be nice to see newer, "remastered" versions or the full lineup of Amplitube gear that use the best 2020+ modelling technology IK Multimedia can offer.

I was happy when the Dimebag Darrell collection included a Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus amp, because I was able to "step up" from the JC-120 model previously available on Amplitube 3 to something more current. The same goes when I purchased the newest, official Leslie 122 gear after using the "unofficial" Amplitube 3 versions for so long.

I know it would be a giant, expensive undertaking (and probably will only happen gradually if it does happen), but...well, I guess that's what I want on my "wish list".
DDemase1174

Postby emailmikenewingham » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:43 am

I noticed a suggestion for the Gallien Krueger 250ML. I had the GK 250RL as my first "real" amp and ran it through Altec speakers that were allegedly the same type Randy Rhoads used. I would TOTALLY spend even more money with IK (certainly have already) for the GK 250ML/RL Stereo Chorus sound. Mine died years ago. The Rockman in the Satriani collection sounds close... Perhaps a few tweaks and you're there.
emailmikenewingham

Postby grosenth » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:24 am

[quote="jschrade"]Preset management ... so tiny ... so irritatingly hard to use. Please let us filter out presets where hardware is missing ... irritating! :)

Preset exchange? This would be nice.[/quote]

1000% THIS! I have no idea why preset xchange was taken away. There’s a Facebook group that has some good stuff but it could be so much better!
grosenth

Postby Soulpowergtr » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Gero88 wrote:I know that we can already use some pedals in the insert tab, but not all the pedals are available there. Update it so we could choose any pedal in the insert/fx loop section, and if possible, have the option to change it from 4 unit rack to a 6 pedal layout. I was actually giving this suggestion based on seeing on how Tom Morello runs his effects. Thanks.

Amp Requests:
Dumble Overdrive Special
Dumble Steel String Singer

Effects:
BOSS CS-3
A Proper model of the BOSS DD-3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BOSS DS-2

Bundles/Package
Kurt Cobain - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube
John Frusciante - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube
Tom Morello - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube
Carlos Santana - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube

I see we have similiar interests, especially Cobain/Morello.

Being newer AmpliTube user, but using physical effects with the software, would like a way to have my signal chain be in the FX Loops (not sure if possible) to emulate what Morello does.

Also - I found on MAC/PC the Brit8000 has less gain than the IOS version, so I end up using the 9000 to get the Rage/Tom sound (especially when using the bridge pickups like he does)..What do you use?
Soulpowergtr

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling