Revolution Preset?

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Revolution Preset?

Postby zulujos » Tue May 26, 2020 11:54 pm

I was trying to replicate The Beatles Revolution tone when I read that at one point there was a preset. I rooted around for it without success. Anyone know where I can find it or perhaps have one you might have generated. My attempt ended in a muddled mess.
zulujos

Re: Revolution Preset?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 27, 2020 9:45 pm

I don't recall seeing a specific preset and it isn't as easy as something like "fire up the Copper Top model in AmpliTube which is based on an amp frequently used by The Beatles" because that dirty Revolution guitar tone was from being plugged directly into the board and massively overloading the mic preamps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zulujos » Thu May 28, 2020 8:21 am

Thanks, Peter. I am familiar with the story of how The Beatles achieved that tone. I saw a demo where someone was able to replicate it with a similar application as AT4 but so far I haven't managed. My question about the preset was from a post from another forum. It read as follows:

i think it was AMPLITUBE 2 that had it- it was one of the artist presets called REVOLUTION- it was SPOT ON and amplitube is a great program
zulujos

Postby Simon2312 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:32 am

Festival Revolution is a SoundBank/Sample Pack looking to bring the sound of revealed into your ... -100 Presets For Sylenth1 and 40 Vocal Presets for Serum.

https://sites.google.com/view/capriotti ... 1xTVDS5QCE
Simon2312

Return to The Jam Session