Low level on Uno Drum input

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Low level on Uno Drum input

Postby Hoogerj » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi,

I tried to daisy chain a Microfreak (and after that a Neutron), using the IN on the Uno Drum. But the sound is hardly audible. Is there a setting I am missing? Or is there a specific cable I have to use?

Cheers,
John
Hoogerj

Re: Low level on Uno Drum input

Postby magrouve » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:58 am

Hi. I am having the same issue. The signal that comes from the audio input is very low. I tested with diferents devices and it's aways the same.
magrouve

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:47 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you both are running into.

I did see this is the User Manual
Please note that the signal coming in the Audio in will be effected by the internal Analog Compressor when active.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:12 pm

Make sure you are using a cable compatible with the spec listed on the UNO Synth Specs page:

Audio In: Mini-jack 3.5mm stereo (mono summed)

If you are and still have issues, please contact IK Support as noted above by DarkStar. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby magrouve » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:29 am

Hi Peter, thanks for the awnser.

I´m conecting UNO DRUM (audio out) to Roland Boutique JX-03 (audio in) with a standard stereo cable with stereos mini jacks 3.5mm on both sides.
So I conect my Phones to the JX-03 and I can hear the UNO DRUM very well.

But when I conect Roland Boutique JX-03 (audio out) to UNO DRUM (audio in), and use my phones on UNO DRUM, I have a very low signal comming from the Roland Boutique.

I tested the audio input of UNO DRUM with others devices and the signal is very low too.

So, if the problem is the cable, what kind of cable I have to use to conect another devices with 3.5mm mini jack to my uno?
magrouve

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth