not getting any sound from AmpliTube [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

not getting any sound from AmpliTube [Resolved]

Postby Allerious » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Hello

I have just bought iRigHD2 and downloaded the AmpliTube software. I'm unable to get any sound from it.

I downloaded this: http://www.asio4all.org/ which got me a bit further than i was in that i can see the volume indicators increasing when i play the guitar strings as shown in the linked screen shot.

Screen shot of what i'm seeing:
https://postimg.cc/cg3YqpM0

What is it that i need to do here?

Thanks
Allerious

Re: not getting any sound from AmpliTube

Postby Allerious » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Sorted now. I had the genius idea to actually read the instructions and realised straight away that i needed to connect the irig device to some speakers or headphones. I guess i assumed it was going to play through my computer as it's connected to that.
Allerious

Re: not getting any sound from AmpliTube [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Yep, genius :)

The iRIg HD2 does send the audio to your computer, on the micro USB connection. But you need to do something with that audio when it arrive there. Many users select the IRig as the audio input to their Digital Audio Workstation ("DAW"), record it there, apply FX such as AmpliTube then play it back. Have a look at page 7 in the User Manual.

--------------------------
As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling