Stomp IO capability limited with DAWs [SOLVED]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp IO capability limited with DAWs [SOLVED]

Postby FredGarvin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:58 am

Hi. I just got a Stomp IO. I was very excited, but:

1. It isn't working at all. Even in Amplitube standalone mode, it does nothing. The Live button doesn't appear. It doesn't appear to be dead: It shows up as a device on my PC, and the lights on it seem to work, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything.

2. I see here that the functions are limited when you use it with Amplitube as a VST. I was unaware of this as it is not mentioned in the marketing materials. This is actually the only way I use AT. So, before I go through the hassle of trying to get it to work, I'd like to know if it is even possible if it's working correctly to get it to do the things I need:

I play guitar and sing into my DAW, Reaper, on PC. I want to use my current interface to do this, as the Stomp has only one channel. I want to use the Stomp for the advertised functions of controlling AT: I want presets, banks, and effects control all available. I'd -like- to use Live mode, but it says here in other posts that Live mode doesn't work in VST. This isn't really a dealbreaker, but the others are.

The absolute minimum functionality that might make this worthwhile for me are to have my presets available from the footswitches, to be able to get in and out of "stomp" mode per preset, and for the rocker pedal to work for whatever I want to assign to it per preset, in Amplitube as a VST in my DAW, using my current audio interface rather than the Stomp one. Is this possible, if it's working correctly?

I have to say I'm disappointed, this doesn't seem to me like "Seamless, plug and play integration".

Hope you can help, TIA!
FredGarvin

Re: Stomp IO capability limited with DAWs

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:43 pm

iRig Stomp I/O is a full-fledged MIDI controller that will work with AmpliTube or any other software that is MIDI-controllable in your DAW. Sounds like you are having some issues setting up and running things in the way that you expect and what sounds like iRig Stomp I/O shines at. I'd recommend seeking official IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can see what's going wrong and help you out directly with these issues. I'm sure they can get things all sorted for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FredGarvin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:10 am

So it's been a week now since I filed support ticket #8352537. When do you think I can expect some help? Thanks.
FredGarvin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 am

Support have a high workload at the moment; the best thing to do is reply to your Support email or acknowledgement asking for a progress report / response.

Please also review the forum guidelines https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19505 about Support response times.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby FredGarvin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:58 pm

So support is taking longer than usual, but asking how long is against the rules? OK, sorry, my bad, wow there's a -lot- of really specific rules here. I'll contact support in the way you suggest.

I own -many- IK products, most of which I'm really happy with. I'd hope that counted for something. I'd much rather be posting about how great this works and how much I love it! For instance I -love- my Amplitube Max, I think it sounds great and works great. If this controller worked for me it would make AT pretty much a complete guitar solution for me, so I really hope it ends up working.
FredGarvin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Not to worry.

The Moderators and Administrators here do not have continuous access to the Support team so would not know about current response times; hence my suggestion to reply to their email. I am sure that they will be able to help.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:11 pm

We've gotten the details from this thread to the team. Please keep an eye out for a response. This should be on it's way over shortly if it has not already made it through.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby FredGarvin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:13 am

Received support message. Watched video. Spent hours on this today. Still doesn't work. Very sad. Resending support request.
FredGarvin

Postby captship » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Following link is guidance on how the stomp was set up in Ableton Live, assuming controls would be slightly different for other DAW's but the process is same.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... p_io_as_a/

You are probably doing this but I learned that needed to have the stomp connected when I booted up my PC to have live mode - has to load the drivers correctly or something like that. Once booted can disconnect and reconnect the stomp and it works fine. If not connected to your PC when booting can never get to live mode.
captship

Postby FredGarvin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Thanks for your reply, captship, and thanks for the link. It's much more on point than the video I was sent.

However, it still doesn't work. I have the separate MIDI control channel set up, MIDI is being sent from the control channel and received by the AT channel as shown by MIDI logs, on the channel 1 specified by AT (I have also tried All), actually the pedal works, I can assign that to controls, but the footswitches don't work, and that's the one thing that -must- work, it's useless to me if I can't use the footswitches.

Seems like I should be close, in fact it seems like it should work. I click a footswitch, the control channel send and receive lights show, the AT channel receive light shows, the MIDI loggers log a program change on channel 1, and AT does nothing. The AT MIDI light shows for the pedal but not the footswitches.

I'm running out of ideas and time here. :(
FredGarvin

Postby captship » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi Fred,

I am pretty limited in my midi knowledge, saved that link when I was researching the stomp before purchase. My recording needs are pretty simple considering my pretty mediocre skills.

Here is a link to a video showing stomp and some other midi interfaces being setup in Cubase which seemed pretty straight forward. Set up an audio and a midi track with the midi output directed to AmpliTube which is the audio track.

https://youtu.be/kOR9ILsy-pg

I assume you have the stomp configured to be a midi controller only.
captship

Postby FredGarvin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 am

Hi cap, yes, I have the separate MIDI channel set up, I've tried MIDI controller mode, tried both ways, tried everything I could think of.

It's funny, in the vid he doesn't do the one thing I really need it to do which is -preset changes-. I bet he can't do it either lol.

Well thanks again for your efforts.
FredGarvin

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Check out the GIF below (If it doesn't play in your browser click here.). Reaper is a little tricky and I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do this, but you need to route MIDI a little unusually.

Notice one audio track is used, the second track I used a Virtual Instrument track since MIDI flowed to the track immediately. Using the ROUTING box, I used a "Send" to send MIDI to my AmpliTube instance. In this case I'm controlling WAH, but any assignments made in stand-alone LIVE mode will transfer.

Hope this helps! Our agent should be getting back to you soon. Thanks for your patience while we got back to you. We understand it can be frustrating when things don't seem to be working right.

Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby FredGarvin » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Well, just when I was starting to have some success... the #4 footswitch goes out. :x

So this unit is fully serviceable, right? I can pull the back off and try to fix it and not void my warranty?
FredGarvin

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:12 pm

FredGarvin wrote:Well, just when I was starting to have some success... the #4 footswitch goes out. :x

So this unit is fully serviceable, right? I can pull the back off and try to fix it and not void my warranty?

Opening the unit will void your warranty. However, if you contact support, they will be more than happy to see what's going on with your switch. The unit is covered by a pretty good warranty, so once your ticket is open send me your Ticket # in a PM. I'll flag your case and make sure you get taken care of asap.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers