Amplitube Presets in GarageBand

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Presets in GarageBand

Postby BillHyland » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:54 am

Does anyone know why my presets don't show up in Garageband for Amplitube?

Amplitube4
GarageBand 10.3

Amplitube loads but no presets

Thanks for the help
BillHyland

Re: Amplitube Presets in GarageBand

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:29 am

This occurs because of the unique set up of the GarageBand program on Mac. This program uses a separate location for presets and to allow AmpliTube presets to appear properly, try these steps:

Follow these steps below:

1. Quit GarageBand and AmpliTube first. Quit all applications in the background that may be using AmpliTube as a plug-in.

Make sure the FINDER menu shows on the upper left corner of your Mac Screen. Click on the FILE menu, and select "New Finder Window".

2. Go to this directory on your Mac:

Mac HD > Users > (your user name) > Documents > IK Multimedia > AmpliTube 4

Make sure all your Presets appear here.

Leave this window open. We'll call this Window #1. Click on the "AmpliTube 4" folder to select it, then click on EDIT and click COPY.

3. Click on the FILE menu again, and click on NEW FINDER WINDOW. You should have a new Finder window open. We'll call this Window #2.

4. With this new window open, click and hold down the OPTION key and click on the GO menu at the top. You should now see a "Library" option here. If you release the OPTION key, the "Library" option will disappear.

Click on "Library" to open this folder in the new finder window.

5. This will show you the Library folder. In here, find and open the CONTAINERS folder.

In the CONTAINERS folder, find and open the COM.APPLE.GARAGEBAND10 folder.
    Inside this folder, find and open the DATA folder.
    In this folder, you will see a folder titled DOCUMENTS. Open this folder.
    You will see a folder "IK MULTIMEDIA". Open this folder.
    You will see a folder called "AmpliTube 4". Drag this folder to the Trash.

6. In this "IK Multimedia" folder, click on the EDIT menu and click PASTE. This should paste the "AmpliTube 4" folder that you copied. Check to make sure that all the Presets appear here.

7. Open GarageBand and load AmpliTube 4. You should now see the Presets available from the upper-left menu.
Please note - if you add new Presets or edit any presets in AmpliTube 4 as a standalone application, you will have to repeat the process in order for the presets to appear in GarageBand.

If you need extra help after following these steps, contact our support team. We are more than happy to look into any unique issues. Once a ticket is open, feel free to PM me your ticket number.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby kurt.jacobus189@gmail.co » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:52 am

I'm having this same issue and followed those steps about 3 times from the sweetwater suggestions. When I drag it to the trash and "paste" the new one, the new amplitube 4 folder with presets doesn't show up.
kurt.jacobus189@gmail.co

Postby skankg17 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:44 am

Hi, instead of a copy of the original folder from documents, right click on the AmpliTube folder in documents > make alias, than move to the folder User Library/Containers/Garageband/Data/Documents/IK Multimedia and remove the "alias" from the name of the folder.
In this way every mod made in the standalone or in garageband will be automatically synchronized.

Tested on M1 Mac - Big Sur - Garageband 10.4.1

PS on apple silicon you need to open garageband with rosetta to load AmpliTube 4, to do this go in the application folder, right click on garageband, click on information and select "run with rosetta" this will emulate garageband and all plugins in intel mod.
skankg17

Postby chuckvvd » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:08 pm

Hi, making an alias doesn't work on my mac (2012 iMac running 10.15.7), Garage band crashes when I try to open the amplitube plugin. I had the same problem with Amplitube 4, never managed to get it working with an alias.
chuckvvd

Postby skankg17 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 am

Hi, I'm not sure but you can try, I remember that sometimes the plug in folder is in the user library sometimes in the system library. Try to make the alias in the system library and remember rename the alias.
skankg17

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:21 pm

If the steps above which are also detailed via IK FAQ https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1282 have not worked, you should contact IK Support for direct and official technical support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robmlisanti » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:13 pm

I have no Presets showing up in my plug ins on garageband, yet all of them are in the Standalone no problem there?
I tried Unauthorizing and Authorizing and still nothing shows up
11.2.3 OS Big Sur is what im using
I play Guitar, Sing & Keyboards for over 35 yrs, I have many influences which includes: Heavy Metal, Rock, Blues, New Age, Progressive Metal.

Websites:
http://www.reverbnation.com/robertmlisanti

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/Metalrob4662
robmlisanti

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 pm

If the FAQ above doesn't solve the issue, IK Support would need to assist you directly.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robmlisanti » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:03 pm

I figured it out I had to move the Presets from the Standalone into the Plugin Folders and refresh the browser and it worked! ;)
I play Guitar, Sing & Keyboards for over 35 yrs, I have many influences which includes: Heavy Metal, Rock, Blues, New Age, Progressive Metal.

Websites:

robmlisanti

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:07 am

robmlisanti wrote:I figured it out I had to move the Presets from the Standalone into the Plugin Folders and refresh the browser and it worked! ;)

That's strange but glad it worked! As I'm not a Mac user, I also noticed this thread was only a page long so I was returning to say maybe someone had a better idea than I did or there were other threads because I could have sworn there was much more conversation about this very topic.

I guess now THIS should be the "very topic" that people come to for the issue, but I'll look for others. Just to prove I'm not crazy (for that reason, at least) and since this one is short and sweet with both FAQ and user fixes for the issue, it's quite perfect.

Just say "presets" "AmpliTube" and "GarageBand" a lot in here and it should be higher on the search results :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robmlisanti » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:55 am

Yeah dont know what happened myself!
As long as its working now...BTW I love the new Interface now ive been on and off with amplitube since 2010 this is the best version so far

Websites:

robmlisanti

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling