iRig Stream and Streamyard

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Stream and Streamyard

Postby hokuhoku75 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:46 am

Hey guys - I use iRig Stream connected via Lightning with my iPhone 8 to stream my live sets on Facebook. So far so good (although there's sometimes a weird audio "skipping" issue, which I'll tackle in another post).

Recently I tried to use Streamyard to stream with the iRig. For those unaware, Streamyard allows you to easily get multiple people in the same broadcast and output to a location like Facebook Live.

Streamyard doesn't have an iPhone app - instead, it uses the built in Safari browser.

When I try to stream from Streamyard, it doesn't appear to recognize the iRig audio. It instead tries to use the phone's internal microphone, so I get crappy microphone sound instead of the direct audio interface I bought the iRig for.

Since there's no way in iOS Safari to manually force it to use a different input (it's either detected automatically or it can't be used), can you guys explain why this isn't working?

Thanks, H
Last edited by hokuhoku75 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
hokuhoku75

Re: iRig Stream and Streamyard

Postby hokuhoku75 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:17 am

I tested one other thing - I plugged in my standard iPhone lightning connector headphones and tapped the microphone, and sure enough Streamyard in Safari detected that it was a microphone. However, Streamyard in Safari doesn't seem to detect that an iRig is connected via lightning, it uses the built in microphone.
hokuhoku75

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:44 pm

I don't think Safari supports any digital audio interfaces (though the built-in mic and earbud mic works as they are not considered audio interfaces). The app you use must specifically support audio interfaces for iRig Stream (or any external audio interface) to work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nickdaniel86@yahoo.com » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:28 pm

Hy everyone!i try to make a music session on facebook but the facebook doesn t recognize the sound from my irig stream!i have a lg k61 ,if i want to recorde a music session in the phone it works perfectly!but on facebook,twitch ....it doesn t work.thanks !
nickdaniel86@yahoo.com

Postby Pantofis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello, I also have the problem with the iRig Stream skipping on Facebook Live. I only notice this when I play back the uploaded video, huge portions are simply unlistenable.

Another massive problem is that sometimes the iRig Stream seems to disconnect. This results in an endless loop of the last second which is broadcasted. But I do notice this, because the green light doesn't work anymore, only the blue one. When I phyisically pull out the connction and re-plug it, it continues normally. That's not a viable solution though. Should I send my unit back for a replacement?
Pantofis

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Has anybody reported their issues to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support They will be able to assist directly with any technical issues and advise you officially. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories