Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby fiveblairs » Fri May 22, 2020 9:23 pm

I would love to see some legendary but somewhat oddball amps added.

In particular the Vox UL730, Defiant, and/or Conqueror amps.

If this isn't possible, a good alternative would be an emulation of either Lumpy's Tone Shop's 7 Series pedal or Aclam's Revolver pedal, both of which emulate the preamp circuit of the UL730.
fiveblairs

Postby cybermaster » Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 am

Ampeg VL-1002, Please!

c'mon, you're already licensing the brand name. :lol:

This, or any other Lee Jackson amps, would be a beautiful thing.
cybermaster

Postby albertolocci » Sun May 24, 2020 10:04 pm

cybermaster wrote:Ampeg VL-1002, Please!

c'mon, you're already licensing the brand name. :lol:

They don't anymore! Now it's called Amplitube SVX, all Ampeg logos are gone.

In fact, please IK, get the official licensing back!

I also wish:
- a Crossover module
- Gallien Krueger RB amps.
albertolocci

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 26, 2020 4:17 pm

The models are exactly the same with the same exact code and sound, nothing got changed but the name.

Let's please keep this thread to wish list / feature requests, not editorial or issues. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Wed May 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Since this is the wishlist, I'm going to actually wish for some new or updated gear that doesn't depend on licensing or celebrity guitarist tie-ins. :D

Sure, I do appreciate that Orange or Fender thought the models were good enough that they could put their names on them, and I likewise appreciate that we've gotten great models of various sorts of gear through the various artist partnerships. But I also know that AmpliTube has had great models that they just made anyway: if I remember aright, the officially branded Engl Powerball model was just the "German Gain" before Engl came along and realized that it sounded great and could be "blessed" with their official logo, so the "ANGER" logo lettering on the front turned into "ENGL" basically overnight. :mrgreen:

I know everyone has a wishlist of manufacturer and/or artist bundles they would like to see -- me too, I guess -- but it would also be fun to see more "micro-releases". An amp/cab pair here, a stompbox or two there. Like, long ago, the HiAmp and its matching cab came out almost by themselves, not really part of anything else -- and they are great! How many HiWatt emulations are out there anyway? Not many, I'm pretty sure.

Even if tie-ins provide (presumably) a lot of handy marketing, there are often loooong gaps (or so it seems) between one and another. So, in between those, I would be happy to see some "one-offs" appearing in the Custom Shop. There are older models that could be refreshed or replaced, and there are few holes in both "classic" and "modern" gear lists that might be filled up a bit. Maybe like the "German Gain" some of these would even entice manufacturers or artists "into the fold" for further releases?

Anyway, if there were gear models based on Laney Supergroups, Marshall Super Basses, Binson Echorecs, or some updated pedals from the AT2/Metal era, or a few of the "modern studio classic" amps like the Bogner Shiva, and they weren't officially licensed with shiny logos or bundled up for famous players, I would probably get them anyway! :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby rj.gray » Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 am

Request: the ability to gang Together the settings for separate amps/pedalboards in a Stereo configuration without Additional user setup (for midi controllers etc). So adjusting settings on one amp apply to the other without Copy and Paste
rj.gray

Postby elgolview » Fri May 29, 2020 11:02 am

jschrade wrote:User interface is my number one for AT4, it’s irritatingly tiny on my big monitors.

Preset management ... so tiny ... so irritatingly hard to use. Please let us filter out presets where hardware is missing ... irritating! :)

Preset exchange? This would be nice.

I'd like to echo what jschrade says about filtering out presets. It is so annoying to go through Amplitube Max preset dropdown menus, only to find a preset doesnt work because I need to buy more gear. Then having ot repeat the process until I find a preset that works. This feature doesnt make me want to buy more gear, if that is what is intended.
I'm surprised that this issue is still rumbling on. I believe that it has been a feature request for some time, so I thought I'd add my voice.
elgolview

Postby carlaz » Fri May 29, 2020 4:44 pm

I rarely flip through the stock presets, so perhaps this is why this issue has never bothered me .... But, IMO, what would make sense is to integrate AmpliTube and the Custom Shop so that if one tried to load a preset with models one didn't have, it would immediately offer to (with 1-click) trial those models as per the usual Custom Shop deal.

That would immediately give users the ability to try a preset even if they didn't have gear (and it would likewise be sensible to make it easier to buy a given model directly from the AmpliTube interface if it turned out that you want that model permanently).
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby rj.gray » Fri May 29, 2020 4:48 pm

I think just put a little mark on the preset to visually indicate it won’t load.

That way, like the other parts of the program, you see how much content is available but you don’t have to click around and find out for yourself.
rj.gray

Postby harrikokko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 pm

IK Multimedia user-experience improvements needed direly

Ok, one more time - now in the correct thread I hope.

I must say that I am not at all happy with the approach IK Multimedia takes on installing all possible plugins on my computer when I install updates to e.g. Amplitube or any other plugin. This method is polluting my computer with unnecessary files and makes it more difficult choose the plugins in DAW when there's a huge number of plugins displayed which I don't own. Now I need to delete these unnecessary plugins manually to get rid of them.

The same goes for Amplitube which shows all possible presets with amps/effects/cabs one does not have. I have seen this issue raised a number of times but IK Multimedia apparently considers this as a good way to market their products. For me this is doing the reverse. I like Amplitube but I am not using it as often as earlier. Currently the presets are pointless and unusable due to the way they have been implemented. The presets could serve a purpose, i.e. narrowing down possible sounds if I could choose to view only presets which I can make use of.

IK Multimedia techies, don't let the marketing guys ruin the usability. Stand up for the customers and start requiring implementations which are more user-friendly to use, install and update. Your products are great but the user-experience is not.
harrikokko

Postby rj.gray » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm

harrikokko wrote:IK Multimedia user-experience improvements needed direly
Now I need to delete these unnecessary plugins manually to get rid of them.

At the risk of going OT, you don’t need to delete them, most DAWs have a way of hiding plugins. I’d rather they put time into using a visual indicator for unsupported patches (a little demo icon maybe) instead of changing all the installers.
rj.gray

Postby harrikokko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:09 am

rj.gray wrote:
harrikokko wrote:IK Multimedia user-experience improvements needed direly
Now I need to delete these unnecessary plugins manually to get rid of them.

At the risk of going OT, you don’t need to delete them, most DAWs have a way of hiding plugins. I’d rather they put time into using a visual indicator for unsupported patches (a little demo icon maybe) instead of changing all the installers.

Well, I don’t agree on me having to hide IK Multimedia plugins or anything alike. I’d much rather just have the plugins I have purchased. Would you be happy If all plugin vendors took the same approach? We would spend a lot of time in hiding plugins we don’t own and also disk space would obviously become an issue.

[mod edit - unnecessary editorial removed. Also, everybody please keep this thread on track for feature requests. You've all made your requests and will be relayed to the developers/product managers]
harrikokko

Postby rj.gray » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:39 pm

Please support Presonus Studio One’s Green Z/Dual Buffer/Low Latency Monitoring in a future update.

In Amplitube 4 as a plugin in Studio One (with Dropout Protection/Green Z enabled) the monitored audio doesn't respond to parameter movements until you toggle input monitoring on/off/on to hear the effect of the knob you just moved. I've heard this is because the Amplitube knobs aren't mapped to VST automation parameters by default. Whatever the reason, this is a showstopper within that particular DAW’s workflow.

Strangely enough Amplitube 3 worked, so I’d love if we could bring the feature back.
rj.gray

Postby fiveblairs » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 pm

I have a gear modeling request that is particularly appropriate for playing/recording guitar through computer simulation. For those of us who have occasion to use acoustic feedback as an effect, Digitech's FreqOut acoustic feedback simulator pedal is a perfect fit for inclusion as a gear model.

If IK has not looked into this piece of gear yet, I really hope you will.
fiveblairs

Postby ArthMA » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:49 am

Could we get a impulse Response Loader maybe?
ArthMA

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling