Syntronik Free Not Showing In SampleTank CS [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Free Not Showing In SampleTank CS [Resolved]

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:49 pm

In SampleTank 4 CS I see the icon for Syntronik Free however it is 'ghosted' out and there is a downward arrow (download) over it.

How do I make it available to use within SampleTank CS ?

All are registered, as I can load Syntronik Free in my DAW separately as it's own VST instrument.

I also just downloaded Syntronic OXa (thank you) and registered it as well. It too shows up in the Syntronik Free VSTi but is ghosted out in SampleTank 4 CS. The only thing that shows in ST4 CS is the ST4 CS icon at the top of the list.

This problem is the same in Studio One 4 and the ST4 CS standalone.

Thank you...

Windows 10
SampleTank 4 CS
Syntronik Free
Syntronic OXa
Musical.Alchemy

Re: Syntronik Free Not Showing In SampleTank CS

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm

Did you add the folder path for the Syntronik instruments to the ST4 Settings / Sound Content list? Remember that the folder path should be the one that contains the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders and other folders and files.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:24 pm

Please feel free to also check out this FAQ for extra help: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1239

This should get you started, but if you continue to have issues, please feel free to contact support. Once your ticket is opened at the link below, send me a PM with your ticket number so I can flag down your case.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:39 pm

Thank you guys. I hunted around a bit and eventually found the appropriate folder. Must have been user error.

One last thing if I could. I see 'ST3 Imported' is active, meaning it's not ghosted out with the downward arrow. Yet when I select it there are no instruments listed under 'instruments'.
I do have that folder though "C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Instruments" however it was empty. And in the 'samples' folder there is only 'Syntronik Free' and 'Syntronik OXa'.

So my question is, do I have 'ST3 Imported' since it's active but the instruments are in the wrong place ? And if not, why is it then active ?

I checked my account btw and have 'SampleTank Custom Shop- Ver. 3.7.3' listed under 'My Products'.

Thank you again...
Musical.Alchemy

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:42 am

Hi Musical.Alchemy

ST3 Imported is for any legacy instruments pre-ST3 that had to be imported so they are in usable format. If you don't have any of those instrument (SampleTron, SampleMoog etc) then you don't need to worry about this folder or icon.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:43 am

Got it, thank you Garfy !

BTW, ST4 is excellent. I'm loving all the classic 80's synths. Great work IK.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Yes, there a lot of good sounds in ST4. Finding them all will keep you busy for a while :)

--------------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More