Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby davinwv » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:43 pm

GSI makes a couple of them, but they are a bit expensive:

http://www.gmlab.it/

Now - back on topic!
davinwv

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:18 pm

Click that link at your own risk.

Norton LifeLock Safe Web report wrote:This site is rated "Caution".

Web sites rated "Caution" may have a small number of threats and annoyances, but are not considered dangerous enough to warrant a red "Warning". Proceed with caution.
The Norton rating is a result of NortonLifeLock's automated analysis system.

This would be better:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/gsi_dmc_122.htm
or
https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Crumar-DMC-122/art-KEY0004605-000
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Rolfbcn » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Hola, en el modo Profile XK series no funcionan drawbars para mi XK1. En Modo XK3 si, pero no cambia prestes. Pueden solucionar este problema pronto? . Muchas Gracias. Es Excelente el sonido B-3X !!!. Saludos, Gabriel.
Rolfbcn

Postby ChokDK » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:02 am

"Maybe it helps to write this several times?? ;) :lol: "

1.a. ( TOP priority)
Still BIG hopes of a separate TRANSPOSE for lower/upper (just octaves is fine for lower, then upper can be the + - "master")

1.b.
The "moving split point when using transpose" is still a pain in the bu**.. :)

Seperate LEVEL CONTROL for lower/upper.
For instance for "Black Velvet" I use the upper percussion only, but even at full level it is not loud enough compared to the lowest lower I can make.

Please make it possible to turn off the "pre setups at lower" completely (could even be a global setting).

4.a.
I LOVE both the click sounds and the overdrive options, but they seem to have some kind of random "overdoing" with the (slow) leslie.
Play the same note 15-20 times fast in a row, then some of these are "extremely" loud (well some anyway) than the rest.
I know this is how it should work "for real", but it seem to work exaggerated (randomly).
4.b.
Talking of overdrive: a more flattened gain curve at start would be lovely.

Clickable side buttons for transpose and other settings.
( Link to my "very talented" photoshop idea here --->)

https://imgur.com/a/Bq9vtL8

Even after "hard reset" I still experience a hibernating Hammond app now and then when using Keystage.
I guess IKM are using AUM for testing?
But PLEASE also include Keystage for testing (if not so already) as it is a "almost as good" and in several cases better "host" than AUM.
Ali Göktürk (maker of Keystage) is very supportive, and I'm almost certain that he would love to cooperate about anything that can make both apps work better together.

Ooh and 7.
Why can't we hear a preview of the saved user presets (Program Change)?

When saving your settings for user presets, I wish I had a "Save", "Save as" option, so I don't have to remember the 60+ available sounds already in the list )
Maybe even be able to "import" (choose) one of the user preset names in the list (click = paste into text) so you don't have to write from scratch every time.

Regards
Chris
As always, a IOS hard reset can do wonders too.
Hammond B-3X IOS group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HammondB3X/
ChokDK

Postby Timski787 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:00 pm

This was already mentioned above (in Spanish) so I would like to add my support - this is for the iPad version.

In B3-X there is an option to select a Hammond hardware profile in the MIDI section.
I have selected XK and to my delight I can now use my own XK-1 to control the Leslie, chorus/vibrato and percussison sections of B3-X. I can even use the footswitch to control Leslie speed.

BUT, very disappointingly, the XK-1 drawbars do not do anything.

Is this correct?
If so, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE map the drawbars to B3-X that's the whole point of using a Hammond hardware controller!!

Thanks
Timski787

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 12, 2020 7:09 pm

I''m not at my studio computer to test but the support staff confirmed there is no mapping for XK-1, so you should be posting a request for a profile for it. If there is no profile for your controller, you won't likely get the results expected.

Let's keep this to wishlist/feature request posts please, thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Timski787 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:20 pm

Ok.
In that case I’d like to request a mapping for the XK-1.
Perhaps the option for ‘XK series’ should be more specific as most people would assume the XK-1 is part of the XK series.
Timski787

Postby Timski787 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:33 pm

Hold your horses and stone the crows!
In my haste I never bothered to try the XK-3 MIDI profile and it works not only for the drawbars, Leslie etc, but the 12 preset buttons on the XK-1 also bring up the corresponding 12 panel presets on B3-X. Furthermore the XK-1 overdrive knob is mapped to Leslie gain.
The chorus/vibrato switches are a bit off and it would be nice to use the master volume and tone knobs for Leslie volume and perhaps a high cut/boost.
But apart from that there is a very happy person here. The Neo Vent will be up for sale shortly and will probably fetch at least double what I paid for this app.

Seriously, if you are looking for a ready-mapped, Hammond style controller (that also happens to look cool with faux wood-panelling) for B3-X try and get an XK-1 (or XK-3). They usually go for £300-400 on the bay.
Timski787

Postby HS Music » Sat May 16, 2020 3:30 pm

I would like to repeat the request from "Drawbar" back from Nov 18, 2019 regarding the way the Sustain Pedal function is implemented at the moment. As a primary Piano Player I'm using the sustain pedal quite a lot when playing the organ and I'm loosing some notes due to how it is implemented at the moment. The way is should work and how it is normally implemented is as described earlier by "Drawbar":

When NOTE ON & sustain pedal down, then NOTE OFF + NOTE ON, the note should keep playing even AFTER sustain pedal comes up. This is how it is implemented in other B3 clone vsti’s that I have played (Vintage Organs,VB3, B5..).

I hope that it will be possible to implement it in that way in a future version.

Thanks in advance. ;)

/Henrik.
HS Music

Postby dylan.haines@gmail.com » Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 pm

I would like B-3X to respond to my sustains pedals the way all other B3 plugins do, in fact pretty much all plugins, that is *normally*.

Sustain is unusable in it's current configuration for me. Quite annoying.

Thanks

D.
dylan.haines@gmail.com

Postby richardhaley » Mon May 18, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi, is there any likelyhood of this being ported to iphone soon? All the marketing material included iphone when if first came out...

If no, this is on my wish list.
richardhaley

B-3x Wish List - Improved Sustain Pedal Response

Postby wayupnorth » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:28 am

Hi.

Please consider improving the sustain pedal response of B-3x. It would be great if the sustain was programmed to behave identically to any other midi instrument. As presently programmed, the wish, for me, is: I need to be able to have a 2nd strike of a sustained B-3x note, sound an overlaying (and/or new) instance of that same note. I am happy to elaborate if you have questions about how this currently negatively impacts simultaneous live performance using 2 or more midi instruments/sounds. Thanks for listening!.
wayupnorth

Postby Stani37 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 pm

On my screen (31") and 2000x1000 resol. the B3-X plugin is too big. I can it make only bigger
but i cant it scale down. So full open it covers 3/5 of the screen.

>>> TOO BIG GUI
Stani37

Postby reuelt » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Sustain pedal is already working with CC# 64.
But it is dependent on Channel e.g. If you want to sustain the chords in lower manual, CC#64 must be from MIDI channel 2.
If you want to sustain the whole organ, 3 sustain pedals (perhaps ganged together) would do the trick.

Speed on leslie by default is controlled by CC#1 (the mod wheel controller)
reuelt

Postby wayupnorth » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 am

HS Music wrote:I would like to repeat the request from "Drawbar" back from Nov 18, 2019 regarding the way the Sustain Pedal function is implemented at the moment. As a primary Piano Player I'm using the sustain pedal quite a lot when playing the organ and I'm loosing some notes due to how it is implemented at the moment. The way is should work and how it is normally implemented is as described earlier by "Drawbar":

When NOTE ON & sustain pedal down, then NOTE OFF + NOTE ON, the note should keep playing even AFTER sustain pedal comes up. This is how it is implemented in other B3 clone vsti’s that I have played (Vintage Organs,VB3, B5..).

I hope that it will be possible to implement it in that way in a future version.

Thanks in advance. ;)

/Henrik.

I agree 100%. I wonder if the site moderators see these posts? There seems to be no acknowledgement that these posts are seen. ??
wayupnorth

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More