MODO Drums ROOMS

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Drums ROOMS

Postby Russ Chadd » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 am

I have been working with MODO Drums in a friends studio, on the whole i am impressed with the software considering there is some tough competition on the market - SD3 etc...

My thoughts...

The sound of the drums and cymbals are really good and convincing, the program is easy to use - IK - hands down i would say the sounds are better than the ones in the TD50.

Improvements:

More control over tuning - the drums (especially the toms and snares) need more control over the tuning range

I would like to see a more control on the cymbals, why are there no overhead sends on the cymbals but there is on the ride and hats?

Some of the levels were fairly quite, especially on the ride and hats - these need more gain.

The "room" environments need a big improvement - more control regarding how the room sounds, to me they are just not convincing - the smallest room sounds like you are in a tiled bathroom and i find myself EQ'ing it heavily.
Maybe it would be an idea to model various room mics with classic pre amps / compressors - with total control where the mic's are placed in the room?
A lot of drummer prefer a more organic sound rather than something that sounds like tons of reverb has been added .

Just my thoughts, congrats on a great bit of software!
Russ Chadd

Re: MODO Drums ROOMS

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Thank you for the kind words, i will relay them to the team. I'd also suggest putting any suggestions/feature requests in the official stickied Wish List thread in this subforum. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS