ARC3 and TR5

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC3 and TR5

Postby BobF3 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm

It was stated in another thread here that T-RackS will be updated to support ARC3. Great!

My question is whether this update will happen as a regular TR5 update (free), or will it require a paid upgrade to T-RackS?

I have ARC2.5 and TR5. Like them both. Just trying to get all things considered before buying the upgrade to ARC3.

Thanks
BobF3

Re: ARC3 and TR5

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm

The ARC System 3 integration will be in a normal (free) T-RackS 5 update.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BobF3 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks Peter!
BobF3

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 20, 2020 7:04 pm

BobF3 wrote:Thanks Peter!

No problem! I believe the update that includes this is going to go into testing soon.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikerivers » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The ARC System 3 integration will be in a normal (free) T-RackS 5 update.

I've been curious about ARC since its introduction, and have been wanting to review it but haven't found something new and different to say about it (I don't do "ordinary" reviews) until I saw the announcement of ARC 3 and T-Racks integration.

The primary reason why I never got excited about ARC was that it had to be used with a DAW. It was inconvenient to use when the source wasn't a DAW output, for example, listening to playback from a client's phone, or, more important to me, an analog mix from my multitrack analog recorder.

So I was thinking that I could put together a computer that would run T-Racks in stand-alone mode together with ARC-3, and use that with a trusted audio interface in line with what's going to my (analog) monitor controller.

Would that work? If so, I'll be in touch with Leslie (US PR) and get set up for a review.
mikerivers

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:49 pm

I reckon so.

ARC User Manual wrote:The Analysis application guides the user through the analysis of the room acoustics, effectively turning a complex process that would require a skilled acoustical engineer into something very easy than anybody can perform in minutes.

Once the analysis is completed, the software generates a correction profile that will be later applied by the plug-in when instantiated on the user’s DAW main output.

And, from https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=9547:
With a new update available today, you can now use the ARC System 3 (ARC 3.0.2 or later) inside of the T-RackS 5 (v5.3.3 or later) standalone module. Mix and master with the most precise sound by incorporating our ultra-accurate room correction system inside of the T-RackS suite of plug-ins. Work faster and more freely, confident you’re hearing your music itself, and that your mix will sound great everywhere.

I added the version numbers.

I'm not sure where it fits in the chain with regards to Master Match.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BobF3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:09 pm

Saw the T-RackS update and bought the ARC3 upgrade this morning.
BobF3

Postby mikerivers » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 pm

DarkStar wrote:I reckon so.

What's Master Match?
mikerivers

Postby BobF3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:24 pm

mikerivers wrote:
DarkStar wrote:I reckon so.

What's Master Match?

A video is worth a thousand words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72w5FqUJPz4
BobF3

Postby mikerivers » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 pm

I don't see how Master Match is relevant to my original question, but thanks for trying.
mikerivers

Postby BobF3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:31 pm

mikerivers wrote:I don't see how Master Match is relevant to my original question, but thanks for trying.

I wasn't trying to answer your original question. I posted in response to your more recent question, "What's Master Match?"
BobF3

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:54 pm

I mentioned it as it is "always" last in the FX chain, according to the TR5 manual (for v5.3.2). So I do not know if the ARC 3 plug-in could follow it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BobF3 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The ARC System 3 integration will be in a normal (free) T-RackS 5 update.

I happened to notice that ARC2.5 is no longer an option for TR5 after updating TR5 to 5.3.3.
Is this because I have ARC3 installed, or will ARC2.5 no longer be compatible with TR5 5.3.3+?

A curiosity for me as I have ARC3, but this might be of particular interest to folks who have not upgraded ARC.
BobF3

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:21 pm

BobF3 wrote:

I happened to notice that ARC2.5 is no longer an option for TR5 after updating TR5 to 5.3.3.
Is this because I have ARC3 installed, or will ARC2.5 no longer be compatible with TR5 5.3.3+?

A curiosity for me as I have ARC3, but this might be of particular interest to folks who have not upgraded ARC.

It will still run ARC 2.5 if you don't have ARC 3.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BobF3 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:38 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
BobF3 wrote:

It will still run ARC 2.5 if you don't have ARC 3.

Good news ... thanks again Peter_IK !!
BobF3

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools