Introducing ARC System 3

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Introducing ARC System 3

Postby k00zmi4 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 pm

I was wondering if ARC 3 is still in coop with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, like the previous version?
k00zmi4

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:04 pm

k00zmi4 wrote:I was wondering if ARC 3 is still in coop with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, like the previous version?

ARC 3 is all done by IK Multimedia.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GsPop » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:04 am

I just installed my newly purchased arc 3 on my windows 7 music machine and am having some issues. The installation was a breeze. I created and saved 2 measurements. I opened my daw ( cakewalk by bandlab) and scanned for new plugins and both arc vst 2 and vst 3 were found. I then loaded up a mix and put arc on my master bus. While the track was playing back I opened arc 3 and selected 1 of the measurements and it sounded great. My issue is the frequency responsive graph ( in the middle of the plugin) doesn't exist its a big black rectangle with an orange line . When I click the rta button I do see some movement on both ends of the graph.

Any Ideas? Suggestions?

Antonio
GsPop

Is The MEMS Mic Compatable

Postby sets95 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:11 am

Hi I have a ARC 2.5 with MEMS Mic but was wondering if the mic can be used as a calibration mic for other software packages , I have a Hardware RTA and was wondering if I can use it with that system.

thanks
sets95

Re: Is The MEMS Mic Compatable

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 am

sets95 wrote:Hi I have a ARC 2.5 with MEMS Mic but was wondering if the mic can be used as a calibration mic for other software packages , I have a Hardware RTA and was wondering if I can use it with that system.

thanks

Technically you can but I don't know how effective it would be as there is no calibration file available for the MEMS microphone.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:38 am

GsPop wrote:I just installed my newly purchased arc 3 on my windows 7 music machine and am having some issues. The installation was a breeze. I created and saved 2 measurements. I opened my daw ( cakewalk by bandlab) and scanned for new plugins and both arc vst 2 and vst 3 were found. I then loaded up a mix and put arc on my master bus. While the track was playing back I opened arc 3 and selected 1 of the measurements and it sounded great. My issue is the frequency responsive graph ( in the middle of the plugin) doesn't exist its a big black rectangle with an orange line . When I click the rta button I do see some movement on both ends of the graph.

Any Ideas? Suggestions?

Antonio

I'm not sure what would cause that, I don't have Windows 7 64 bit to try it on. Please note that you'll need to run Windows 7 64-bit based on the ARC 3 specs. If that's the case and you still have this issue I'd report it to support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can figure out what is going on. I've heard of some reports of GUI issues in another DAW but perhaps there's some commonality here and they'd be able to assess that once you report it to them. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby varunbkk » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:49 am

Hello,

Longtime user of Arc System 2 and would like to upgrade to System 3.

In order to do that, I need IK support to change the country in my profile/billing information,
Who can I contact to do this?

I already sent the query via support form to IK USA and Canada last week,
but got no response.

Thanks!
varunbkk

Postby heathweber » Wed May 27, 2020 4:53 pm

I received an email saying that the full ARC System 3 (including software and MEMS mic) is now available, so I placed an order for it on 5/13. It's now 5/27 and the order status is still showing as "INPROGRESS". IK Support says orders are processed and shipped within 3-5 days, but we are well beyond that now. Is the product available for shipping or not?
heathweber

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 27, 2020 5:04 pm

Please contact Sales Support who can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access the Order Fulfilment system or your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby SherwoodSound » Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 pm

I must also voice my disappointment.

I bought 2.5 to use with Audition CC and it has never worked. Since I've never been able to use it I have been in contact with support asking for a fix or update because I work for the BBC and really need accurate monitoring. I've gotten nowhere.

I now see a 3.0 version has been released and I'm being asked to pay a further €99, or €59 to cross-grade, for the privilege of getting software that works!

I've replied to my ticket as suggested in this thread, but my God am I upset by this after I was told there are no plans to release an update and then asking more money.

I hope the ticket reply will be generously understanding. :cry:
SherwoodSound

Postby heathweber » Fri May 29, 2020 1:18 pm

DarkStar wrote:Please contact Sales Support who can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access the Order Fulfilment system or your Account.

Thanks for your reply. I received an email indicating that my order was finally processed and shipped. My ARC System 3 is scheduled to arrive today. Very excited as I also just received an email indicating that integration of ARC System 3 with T-Racks 5 standalone has also been released!
heathweber

Postby DarkStar » Fri May 29, 2020 2:04 pm

Indeed. From the User Area / My Products (my emphasis):

T-RackS 5 - Ver. 5.3.3 - Release Notes (27 May 2020)

What’s new in T-RackS 5.3.3
-- Added ARC 3 integration (requires ARC 3.0.2 or later)
-- General Reliability Improvements
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby manddpalmer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:40 am

Hi, I have recently upgraded to ARC 3.

Hopefully I am in the right place to be asking about this.

I am finding that the suggested output level of ARC 3 (trim is set at -12db) when placed on the master fader is considerably lower than the output level when ARC 3 is muted. There can be a jump of up to 6 or 7db in level. I don't recall having this same issue when using ARC 2.

I can balance it by decreasing the trim level on ARC to -6db but then that puts the trim into the red. Which it is suggested to not do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
manddpalmer

Postby heathweber » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:37 am

manddpalmer wrote:Hi, I have recently upgraded to ARC 3.

Hopefully I am in the right place to be asking about this.

I am finding that the suggested output level of ARC 3 (trim is set at -12db) when placed on the master fader is considerably lower than the output level when ARC 3 is muted. There can be a jump of up to 6 or 7db in level. I don't recall having this same issue when using ARC 2.

I can balance it by decreasing the trim level on ARC to -6db but then that puts the trim into the red. Which it is suggested to not do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I have this same question, as I noticed the same thing.
heathweber

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:52 pm

This question is answered in the ARC 3 FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... c-system-3
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools