IK Multimedia iRig Stomp I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IK Multimedia iRig Stomp I/O

Postby JamesMTL » Sat May 23, 2020 8:59 pm

I used to own Line6 and had no issue setting up their products.
Really excited to use this IK Multimedia iRig Stomp I/O(4 buttons)
Regrettably, so far I find it very challenging.
Even in terms of jargon, or terms used, i.e. models, amps, tones... etc. are some of those the same here? Is IK using norms or their own definitions. Lost...
Issues I have:
1/ I'm using the iPad to browse presets etc. How do you assign presets... also, if I want to use the iRig to jam to some music (guitar)... why is this so complicated? Is that Live Mode?
2/ Presets part 2. So how to assign them from collections to user presets? How to then assign an effect to one of the 4 stomps?

I'm usually pretty good with computers and tech. Experienced for sure, but finding this thing challenging. Not a very good first impression. I see all these videos IK has put up demostrating how great it CAN sound, but not one so far that shows me step by step how to setup to do live jamming with all normal functions available (assigning, switching tones with stomp etc)... or
3/ I use FL studio. Again, a breeze to get working using Line6. Don't get me wrong, I think this product is better. A lot. But having a hard time with the initial learning curve.

Are there any videos out there that can help? I'm on windows 10
JamesMTL

Re: IK Multimedia iRig Stomp I/O

Postby JamesMTL » Sat May 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Wow. reading around. Wish I had read before I made this purchase. Now feel very stupid. Be careful. With Covid they won't reply soon, which is ok, but when your warranty clock is ticking.... it kind does matter. I've anticipated and will return the product if it continues to be a good looking useless thing on my floor. Very very very disappointed. Reader be warned. I have many years of IT experience, savvy, in many areas. I have used other similar devices. Never had any delays in setting them up. Also was pretty sad that out of the box distortion and clean options are just so pale that you have to purchase others. I did, thinking that would help, probably what I was missing. More money wasted.
Again, do your research. IGNORE IK's marketing videos that only show the product in USE. These guys are paid and others are paid to make sure the setup is working when they do their live recording for AD. No videos out there show how to do setups step by step. Only, and you can easily just switch between tones with a stomp" not explaining how to get that all setup.
JamesMTL

Postby JamesMTL » Sun May 24, 2020 11:33 pm

So made progress.
I think I've gotten the iPad side down, playing live, assigning to custom presets and just adjusting levels so that the clean doesn't have distortion. That is still a bit of an issue, I find it very difficult to get an absolutely clean, no noise signal.
Otherwise, I'm much more satisfied after a good nights rest and renewed perspective/approach.
What remains a big question mark however is the recording aspect. Connecting it through to my Windows 10 PC. That's my DAW, and I although I play more live instruments I use FL Studio as my preferred sequencing software (over other industry standards) This is a personal choice made a long time ago. Got into it and just feels right. It (FL Studio) has not let me down.
So, i saw the vst plugin installations when I ran the Windows 10 setup stuff.
I have to look again, but what I saw briefly seemed to confirm what I read on the forums. There's no live option, I guess the idea is that you are recording when connecting through to a PC or MAC through an application. Still, it would be nice to have the live interface optionally and not be limited only to the floor perspective for display/monitoring.
JamesMTL

Postby JamesMTL » Mon May 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Just wanted to add that I find that not including a cable to connect to android (usb-c) sucks enough, but when you find out that only IK (that I found) has the cable to buy and that it is at a hefty price of 29.99$ (CAD)

So what I do think is true that the basic purchases is pretty watered down software wise (just the factory amps/models etc) and hardware wise. You have cables to connect to iOS(iPhone or iPad) for control and to a PC/MAC for recording. Although it is also supported on android, I am not able to full appreciate it.
JamesMTL

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 26, 2020 4:25 pm

JamesMTL wrote:Just wanted to add that I find that not including a cable to connect to android (usb-c) sucks enough, but when you find out that only IK (that I found) has the cable to buy and that it is at a hefty price of 29.99$ (CAD)

So what I do think is true that the basic purchases is pretty watered down software wise (just the factory amps/models etc) and hardware wise. You have cables to connect to iOS(iPhone or iPad) for control and to a PC/MAC for recording. Although it is also supported on android, I am not able to full appreciate it.

iRig Stomp I/O is not compatible with Android at this time. While we've seen USB-B to USB-C work well with iRig Stomp I/O on USB-C based Mac, PC, and iOS systems we cannot guarantee Android will work as it's not officially compatible. Do note, IK Multimedia does not carry a USB-B to USB-C cable.

Full compatibility list here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs

For the USB-B to USB-C cable check out the one we used for Winter NAMM 2020 on the new iPad Pro here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012V ... UTF8&psc=1

JamesMTL wrote:So made progress.
I think I've gotten the iPad side down, playing live, assigning to custom presets and just adjusting levels so that the clean doesn't have distortion. That is still a bit of an issue, I find it very difficult to get an absolutely clean, no noise signal.
Otherwise, I'm much more satisfied after a good nights rest and renewed perspective/approach.
What remains a big question mark however is the recording aspect. Connecting it through to my Windows 10 PC. That's my DAW, and I although I play more live instruments I use FL Studio as my preferred sequencing software (over other industry standards) This is a personal choice made a long time ago. Got into it and just feels right. It (FL Studio) has not let me down.
I have to look again, but what I saw briefly seemed to confirm what I read on the forums. There's no live option, I guess the idea is that you are recording when connecting through to a PC or MAC through an application. Still, it would be nice to have the live interface optionally and not be limited only to the floor perspective for display/monitoring.

Glad to hear you got iOS working well. Windows/PC is very similar. Do note, LIVE mode is not available for plug-in use at this time. Please launch the latest AmpliTube 4 program from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account to use LIVE mode.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

Please also make sure you have the latest drivers installed. These will allow for best performance.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/drivers/

Keep in mind any assignments made in LIVE mode in stand-alone will work immediately in your DAW. This allows for a quick easy set up even without LIVE in your DAW.

We do appreciate your interest in LIVE mode access inside the plug-in version of AmpliTube 4.

If I missed anything, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help. Remember this is a user-to-user discussion forum, this is not a direct support forum and support inquiries are best to go to our team directly. They are best fit to help with any issues.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 26, 2020 4:33 pm

JamesMTL wrote:Wow. reading around. Wish I had read before I made this purchase. Now feel very stupid. Be careful. With Covid they won't reply soon, which is ok, but when your warranty clock is ticking.... it kind does matter. I've anticipated and will return the product if it continues to be a good looking useless thing on my floor. Very very very disappointed. Reader be warned. I have many years of IT experience, savvy, in many areas. I have used other similar devices. Never had any delays in setting them up. Also was pretty sad that out of the box distortion and clean options are just so pale that you have to purchase others. I did, thinking that would help, probably what I was missing. More money wasted.
Again, do your research. IGNORE IK's marketing videos that only show the product in USE. These guys are paid and others are paid to make sure the setup is working when they do their live recording for AD. No videos out there show how to do setups step by step. Only, and you can easily just switch between tones with a stomp" not explaining how to get that all setup.

I wanted to address this comment separately due to the situation here. Now, we're very sorry to hear of your experience and we do want to assure you this does not sound like the norm with iRig Stomp I/O. We're more than happy to help get you started.

Our team, like most support teams out there right now, might have longer than usual wait times. In no way does this affect your warranty. As long as you've contacted us in a proper time frame for your warranty our team is more than happy to see what they can do.

I wouldn't urge users to ignore important content on their iRig Stomp I/O. I understand you're frustrated, but we're here to help and happy to do so. I've sent you a PM to allow us to make sure you're all settled with your new product. We'll be requesting your ticket number to get it flagged down by the team.

Check out some of the videos below for some tutorial style videos.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd5rdZAd3UU[/youtube]
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby TheIowaKid » Thu May 28, 2020 2:41 am

JamesMTL wrote:So made progress.

Care to provide a brand new user some tips? Mine is arriving tomorrow. I have an iPad Pro (USB-C) and and iPhone 11 Pro (Lightning). I ordered the cable they recommend so I’ll use my iPhone until it comes. I also have an irig 2 HD and could never get the clean to sound clean. What did you do to fix it?
TheIowaKid

Return to Interfaces & Controllers