multichannel use in philharmonic 2 using protools [Resolved]

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

multichannel use in philharmonic 2 using protools [Resolved]

Postby ddhayes » Fri May 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Can any protools users help me figure out how to use muti channels in. protools 2018
ive tried aux channels added instrument channels but only way i’ve got it to work is by adding new instrument track and loading the plug in again
ddhayes

Re: multi channel use in philharmonic 2 using protools

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri May 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Hey ddhayes,

Thanks for joining the conversation.

ProTools will allow you to accomplish this in a couple ways. Normally, when I use Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (MP2), I use the MP2 plug-in on an AUX track. This allows me to then send different MIDI tracks to the various inputs of MP2 for individual instrument control. There are 16 individual inputs for MIDI in MP 2. Use the I/O (Input/Output) routing in Pro Tools to get these tracks to work together.

Once done, you can add some extra control to your MP2 sounds by routing the 32 different outputs in MP2. First route your outputs in the MP2 mixer, then you can get started routing in ProTools. These output channels in MP2 are stereo audio output channels, so you would need 16 individual stereo audio tracks for full control. Use the I/O routing in Pro Tools to get these tracks to work together. Keep in mind this is not required. Only a single stereo output is required to hear your audio. I would just add as many as you need for your current session.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ddhayes » Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 am

Thanks this works well
ddhayes

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 24, 2020 7:05 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions