Gear missing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Gear missing

Postby mattdean » Sat May 23, 2020 3:47 am

I upgraded my computer and Amplitube is not compatible. I installed Amplitube 4 but when I go to all the press, it says gear is missing. Amps, pics, etc.

I used Custom Shop and restored my gear, but still most presets are missing gear and no good.

Any ideas?
mattdean

Re: Gear missing

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 pm

What is the incompatibility? Or did you just mean the missing gear.

Was all that gear present before you did the upgrade? By upgrade do you mean a new computer or different components in your existing one. Or a different OS?.

Double-check that you have Authorised AmpliTube.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mattdean » Sat May 23, 2020 1:20 pm

Thanks. Amplitube works fine, except for the missing gear.

I changed computers. Old computer had Sierra. New computer is has Mojave.

In my old set up, everything was fine and never had "missing amp/mic/cab".

Amplitube is Authorized and tech support said it should be fine once I restored my gear in Custom Shop. But still don't have any fully functional rigs or set ups.
mattdean

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 23, 2020 1:28 pm

In that case, please continue to work with Support - reply to the email saying that the gear models are still missing and ask for further guidance.

Oh, and hello and welcome to the forum. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby mattdean » Sat May 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks! I did that. Waiting to hear back.
mattdean

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Double-check that you Authorized AT4 with the correct Serial Number, not the AT4 CS Serial number. The AT4 CS number starts with ACS40. But, of course, do not post the full number here ;)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby mattdean » Sat May 23, 2020 2:24 pm

What I have is the ACS. I didn't purchase Amplitube 4. Tech support said I had it and it would be fine, but didn't realize they meant the AT 4ACS, not the full Amplitube 4.

I'm not a guitar player. I'm a songwriter. I didn't want or need to upgrade to the Max. Just wanted what I had before! I guess they really want you to pay for an upgrade. But it shouldn't be this difficult to get back what I had.
mattdean

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 23, 2020 2:40 pm

OK, so you have AT4 CS. This is:
FREE version of AmpliTube 4 with 24 models including a digital chromatic tuner, 9 stomps, 4 amps, 5 cabs, 3 mics, 2 rack effects
They are listed here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/index.php?p=gear&RTN=RFDD#gearlist_filters-box-return

The presets in AT4 may well make use of other gear models across a wide range . So they would be flagged as "missing" in AT4 CS. Maybe you had selected some others to "Try"?

Other than that I do not know how you managed to get other gear models on your old system.

Can you name a couple of gear models that are currently missing? What happens if you select one of the to Try?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby garfy » Sat May 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Hi mattdean

mattdean wrote:Just wanted what I had before! I guess they really want you to pay for an upgrade. But it shouldn't be this difficult to get back what I had.

Does this mean you were running AT4CS but had bought gear or collections separately?

If that is the case, have you authorised the additional gear using the Authorisation Manager?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mattdean » Sat May 23, 2020 2:54 pm

I had Amplitube 3 full version with everything from Amplitube 2 , X Gear, SVX, etc. I was on Sierra before this, so ACS 4 is new to me on the new computer. I didn't think it would not be backward compatible. Just tried to load a project i just did before upgrading the computer and it won't load the amps!
mattdean

Postby garfy » Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Ahhh, ok.

Shot in the dark then - are you logging into the Custom Shop app with the same login details as the old gear was registered with?
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 23, 2020 3:04 pm

mattdean wrote:I had Amplitube 3 full version with everything from Amplitube 2 , X Gear, SVX, etc. I was on Sierra before this, so ACS 4 is new to me on the new computer. I didn't think it would not be backward compatible. Just tried to load a project i just did before upgrading the computer and it won't load the amps!

That is a different issue from the one you described before. AT4 does not automatically replace instances of AT3 in projects.

-------------------------
But, I think that you may need to Authorize all those old collections of gear on your new system. And to use your old projects you will need to install and Authorize AT3 too. Of course, you have 10 Authorizations for each product.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby mattdean » Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I didn't realize Amplitube 4 was not the full version. My bad.

I am loggin in with my correct credentials. It shows 73 pieces of gear, which is not equal to what I had, I believe. I have authorized everything and downloaded, but not everything will install.

I checked compatibility with most plug ins and software before I made the move but didn't look at Amplitbue unfortunately. hard to believe anyone upgrading would have to go through the process from scratch in their old projects though. I guess I am naive :?

I guess I will try to reinstall everything from scratch. Maybe the order I installed created a problem.

Appreciate all the help!
mattdean

Postby garfy » Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm

mattdean wrote:I checked compatibility with most plug ins and software before I made the move but didn't look at Amplitbue unfortunately.

AFAIK, AT3 is compatible with Mojave. AT4 definitely is.

mattdean wrote:hard to believe anyone upgrading would have to go through the process from scratch in their old projects though.

I think the point is to leave AT3 intact (or reinstall) on a system to cover old projects and begin to use AT4 on new projects. Both can co-exist on a system and AT4 does not overwrite or replace AT3. If you want to use AT4 in old projects then you can instantiate it in the project and replace AT3 manually.

mattdean wrote:I am loggin in with my correct credentials. It shows 73 pieces of gear, which is not equal to what I had

I think from this point then, it will be best to continue working with Official Support, as us forum mods don't have access to user's accounts and so wouldn't be able to help you in this capacity. They will be able to resolve getting your gear available in AT4 for you.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby mattdean » Sat May 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Thanks for the help. Hopefully they can get me back in business!
mattdean

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling