Longer iLoud Micro Monitor Link Cable

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Longer iLoud Micro Monitor Link Cable

Postby Philippwalsh » Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Is there any way to get a longer MM link cable between the left and right speaker?

I have a pair on my wall and the cable only just reaches between the two and is probably not good for the speakers or cable to be stretching like that (also looks messy).
Philippwalsh

Re: Longer iLoud Micro Monitor Link Cable

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 19, 2020 10:08 pm

There is no option for a longer cable at this time. The integrity of the sound (since iLoud Micro Monitor rely on both the speaker design, DSP, and more to appear to almost defy physics) would be affected negatively with a longer cord.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Philippwalsh » Tue May 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Thanks for the response Peter, but I don't really understand why an additional 0.5 - 1m of a cable would affect DSP or otherwise sound quality. If it was a 10m cable, I'd get it, but a 2 or 3m cable should be fine for combined cable of audio and power (which the link cable seems to be). Even a female-female connector would help to be able to link up 2 of the official cables. It's disappointing as if I would have known I would have just got iLoud Micro MTM monitors instead... but there is no information on the length of the connector cable online anywhere before buying.
Philippwalsh

Postby Tmdawdy135 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:27 am

I also require a longer cable for my iLoad speakers.
The enclosed speaker cable won't even reach both sides of my studio piano.

I have read your other responses. The engineers at IK must be able to come up with a solution to this simple problem.

Tim Dawdy
Washington State
USA
Tmdawdy135

Postby yassinewb » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Bump this - really REALLY need a longer cable please. 2.5m to 3m would be ideal!

The speakers are supposedly designed to fit on Mic stands yet having them at their recommended distance (as determined by the existing cable) on 2 mic stands means having the existing cable floating in mid air. The weight of the cable seems to put a lot of pressure on the speaker and cable connectors. I'm sure this will cause wear and tear damage in future.

Also the weight of the floating cable gradually loosens one of the speakers from the mic stand thread.

A longer cable would solve ALL of these problems.
yassinewb

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:17 pm

This post I made earlier is directly from the engineers
Peter_IK wrote:There is no option for a longer cable at this time. The integrity of the sound (since iLoud Micro Monitor rely on both the speaker design, DSP, and more to appear to almost defy physics) would be affected negatively with a longer cord.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yassinewb » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:05 am

I'm getting a custom cable made so maybe I'll soon hear for myself (and report back on) how much a difference it makes.
yassinewb

Postby windybey22 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:44 pm

Hey, how was the custom cable? Did it work?
Im having the same issue, we need a 2.5m-3m cable, it would work fine im sure.
windybey22

Postby yassinewb » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:50 pm

It didn't work. The secondary speaker couldn't reach the same volume as the main speaker so there was a major channel imbalance.

The cable designers wondered whether the stock cable was also transferring power to the secondary speaker, not just the audio signal? But never got to the bottom of it.
yassinewb

Postby Ecruz1986 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:16 pm

I have a 5 meter cable and it works.
Ecruz1986

Postby skepsys » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:14 am

Ecruz1986 wrote:I have a 5 meter cable and it works.

@Ecruz1986 What cable and connectors have you used?
skepsys

Postby skepsys » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:24 pm

Some Edifier speakers (R1700BT /R1700BTs/R1850DB) are using the same cable for master to slave connection and they are selling 5 and 9 meters versions on their website. There are also cables available on ebay from China (look for something like 4-pin Speaker Cable For IK iLoud Micro Monitor). Ended up by getting 5m cable from Edifier, it works fine. Haven't noticed any diffreneces with the naked ear. May be some accurate tests will show it (would love to see this), but for my purpose of having a mobile speakers set with a wide stereo base it seems ok so far.
skepsys

Postby YinkaTuakli » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:25 pm

Hi ...I am trying to connect my Micro's to the rear speaker sockets on an Audient iD 14 audio interface. To do that I need the iLoud supplied cable (with the 2 RCA's on the speaker end) to have 2 x 6.3mm jacks on the interface end.
I have been searching all over the place for such a cable ..or a suitable adapter ...with no luck.
Meanwhile ..I am making do with plugging the supplied cable into the 3.5 mini headphone socket on the front of the interface.
I suspect that I may be having a Homer Simpson moment and overlooking an obvious solution.
Somebody please help me.

Happi days
YinkaTuakli

Postby KSR12345 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 pm

YinkaTuakli wrote:Hi ...I am trying to connect my Micro's to the rear speaker sockets on an Audient iD 14 audio interface. To do that I need the iLoud supplied cable (with the 2 RCA's on the speaker end) to have 2 x 6.3mm jacks on the interface end.

Its OT in this Thread, i hope it is ok. I plugged the 3,5 mm TRS of the delivered cable into the Micros, got 2 adaptors TRS 6,3 mm to RCA, which i plugged into the TRS out of the Interface and there i plugged in the RCA fom the IK-cable.
KSR12345

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers