T-RackS Tape Machine Collection available now

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS Tape Machine Collection available now

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please cut them some slack.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby theturnback » Sat May 16, 2020 9:28 pm

Thank you DarkStar for the info. I did put a Support Ticket in (I went ahead and purchased the Tape Collection since they do open in Pro Tools. I just can't get anything to happen in the Standalone app. I'll post an update if it gets resolved. Thanks.
theturnback

Postby supanorton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:48 pm

I am absolutely loving the sound of these. WOW! I'm going to have to bounce/render tracks in place in order to use them on individual tracks, but I think it's worth it. I've also played around with putting one tape machine on a bus and dialing in different amounts to each track, which sounds fantastic. Of course, you can just put one on the master bus too. There are pretty easy workarounds to use these machines with my 2016 MacBook Pro. I'm blown away by how great they sound. I Used my my free 25 jam points along with 5 of my own to get the Power Reels Krazy Deal for $69. Amazing job IK! Thank you!
supanorton

Postby carlaz » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:06 pm

With the aid of some Jam Points, I picked up the Power Reels Krazy Deal too. With the tape machines and the tape delays, I really couldn't not get that package. :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Neumuzik » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:37 pm

Any plans for standalone iOS version of this software? There are already a lot of tape emulators out there, but there’s room for more.
Neumuzik

Postby supanorton » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:12 pm

carlaz wrote:With the aid of some Jam Points, I picked up the Power Reels Krazy Deal too. With the tape machines and the tape delays, I really couldn't not get that package. :mrgreen:

This plugin has changed the whole way I approach a mix. These machines smooth out transients and tame the bass, which allows me to think about EQ and compression in very different ways than I used to. Absolutely incredible.

Have you tried it yet?
supanorton

Postby abuzaynab » Sun May 02, 2021 9:13 pm

Hi there. IK, when can we expect the update to the Tape Machines that elminates the distortion bug on TM80?
abuzaynab

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 03, 2021 2:21 am

abuzaynab wrote:Hi there. IK, when can we expect the update to the Tape Machines that elminates the distortion bug on TM80?

I believe there is something in an upcoming update that addresses a reported issue that sounds like you are mentioning but the best way to verify is to reply to your IK Support ticket about your issue as the support team would be best able to provide any detailed information about an upcoming fix to any problem you are having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby abuzaynab » Mon May 03, 2021 9:41 am

Thank you. My support ticket said that the issue would be fixed in the coming update, which is what i was asking. When can we expect this update? This widely known bug was reported almost a year and a half ago.
abuzaynab

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 03, 2021 4:11 pm

abuzaynab wrote:Thank you. My support ticket said that the issue would be fixed in the coming update, which is what i was asking. When can we expect this update? This widely known bug was reported almost a year and a half ago.

That is a question for IK Support via your ticket, the mods/admins of this forum would not have that information.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby abuzaynab » Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 pm

Ah ok, well they couldn't/wouldn't say, i was kinda hoping you might have some insight you could share, i guess not. Ok thank you for your time Peter.
abuzaynab

Postby abuzaynab » Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
abuzaynab wrote:Thank you. My support ticket said that the issue would be fixed in the coming update, which is what i was asking. When can we expect this update? This widely known bug was reported almost a year and a half ago.

That is a question for IK Support via your ticket, the mods/admins of this forum would not have that information.

[QUOTE=Peter - IK;15441354]There are multiple fixes coming in a soon-to-be-released T-RackS update. If you have reported a specific issue to the team, you can reply to your support ticket at any time for a more detailed status. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Hi Peter.

So i have just downloaded and installed the latest update to the TM80.

In the change log it states that:

Fixed an issue which could lead to left channel distortion with Tape Machine 80 at slower tape speeds.

Firstly, the distortion was never on the slower tape speed of 15ips, it was only ever on the higher tape speed of 30ips.

Secondly, the left channel distortion has not been fixed

Hear for your self: https://youtu.be/Ei-EelvzOpE

The distortion sounds like a shaker on the left hand side and only disappears when the plugin is switched off or switches from 30ips to 15ips.

As you can see the tape type doesn't matter, and when you switch the true stereo it just places the noise in the centre.

I really hope this is just an error with the update and that the actual fix did happen and will be made available to us.

I have aalready responded to my support ticket with the above text.

Please advise.

Thanks and best wishes.
abuzaynab

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 pm

No need to advise if your issue wasn't fixed and you are experiencing something other than what they release notes are saying, and you have reported this back to support. They will be able to advise you and take care of your issues.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby n2mpujack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Just picked up 3 of the 4 machines via the Group Buy and was astounded to find out that the aax versions don't report their delay compensation to ProTools to properly compensate for the delay. According to a long thread over on Gearspace this is a known bug that hasn't been fixed and probably won't be fixed. If I host the au or vst version of any of the tape machines in BlueCat Patchwork in an insert slot in PT then delay comp gets reported correctly.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby KrupaX » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:05 pm

If you only were going to get one or two of these, which would you go for / or avoid? (I'm A/B testing them and finding them very subtle and want to maybe only get a couple in the group buy)
KrupaX

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox