Modo Drum and Protools

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Drum and Protools

Postby Morchane » Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Hello everybody,

I just bought modo drum and this one causes me AAE9173 errors with protools 2020-3 ...
My Windows 10 PC is not new, just over 5 years: i7 4790K, 32GB ram, SSD hard drive ... so far everything was fine.
Before, I used EZdrummer 2 and the CPU was not used beyond 35% ... With Modo Drum beyond 100% and stops everything and indicates an error AAE9173 ...
This PC is only used for music therefore no installation of other programs. I believe I have tried everything to resolve this problem.
I wonder if I did not make a mistake by buying Modo Drum if this one is so greedy in CPU resources.
Do you have an idea to solve this? or else I put it in the trash and I lose my money ...

Thank you all for helping me.
Morchane

Re: Modo Drum and Protools

Postby garfy » Mon May 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Hello Morchane and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dlgebert » Mon May 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Morchane wrote:My Windows 10 PC is not new, just over 5 years: i7 4790K, 32GB ram

Below are the minimum requirements. Does your CPU support AVX? I would think so if it's an I7. I have an iMac that's about four years old with Studio One as my DAW and I had MODO Drum and SampleTank 4 running at the same time without any issues.

System Requirements
    Standalone and 64-bit plug-in. Requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.

Windows® (64-bits)
    Minimal: Intel® Core™ i5 or equivalent with support for AVX instructions, 8GB of RAM (16 GB suggested), 20GB of available hard-disk space, Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. ASIO compatible sound card. USB port (3.0 suggested).
    Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mododrum/index.php?p=specs

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Pro-Tools-ran-out-of-CPU-power-9173

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398996

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Morchane » Mon May 11, 2020 8:44 pm

thank you Dave for this information
but, of course I had already explored the links that you indicated to me and thank you again for having given time for me.
of course, i paid attention to the requested specifications before buying ... i think my pc has become too slow now ....
Morchane

Postby dlgebert » Tue May 12, 2020 12:16 am

I moved from EasyDrummer 2 to MODO Drum (I also have MODO BASS) and it sounds amazing... Not so much by themselves, but the kits seem to just sit in the mix so well compared to anything else I've used.

Are you trying to use more than one instance at once? Considering it's modeling (except the cymbals), it's bound to be more CPU intensive, plus there are the T-RackS and Amplitube based effects in there as well.

If you just start a single instrument track with MODO Drum only, does ProTools still crash? If so, can you use the standalone version of MODO Drum without ProTools running? If so, what does CPU utilization look like?

Don't give up yet, try giving tech support a chance to resolve your issue. Maybe there's a PT setting to tweak?

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Morchane » Tue May 12, 2020 8:43 am

Hello Dave,

I've opened one session in PT with just one modo drum instrument track.... This take 50% CPU utilization.

In standalone everything's fine.... This will only in PT.

I will do other configuration and session creation tests at 44.1 kHz instead of 96 kHz. it should work better and I hope without degrading the sound too much.
Morchane

Postby dlgebert » Tue May 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Morchane wrote:I will do other configuration and session creation tests at 44.1 kHz instead of 96 kHz. it should work better and I hope without degrading the sound too much.

I wouldn't consider myself an "audiophile" and only your ears can decide what is good for your music, but I use MODO DRUMS at 44.1 kHz and I think they sound great, especially in a proper mix. Good luck to you. :)

Dave
dlgebert

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS