Syntronik Feature Requests

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik Feature Requests

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 09, 2020 9:04 pm

UrKungFuNoGood wrote:So back up the public documents sampletank folder and the username documents sampletank folder and I can just copy that back w/o using the installers?

Wherever you have specified as your sound library path inside SampleTank and/or Syntronik.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zzz00m » Sat May 09, 2020 10:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If you have your files expanded onto an external (or even internal hard drive) it is recommended to back that up, since that will back up the expanded and installed sound libraries all in one shot. Then you can simply use the backup and point SampleTank, etc to that filesystem.

Exactly! The time spent getting organized like that is well worth more than the time you would spend reinstalling everything in the event of a hard drive failure!

I install all of my sound libraries onto a secondary internal 1 TB SATA drive. Then I run an image backup of that drive periodically to an external USB3 drive, as needed. That way everything can be restored as is, if the drive ever fails, by restoring the entire drive in one step from that image to a replacement drive!

I keep all of my Syntronik, SampleTank, and Miroslav libraries, as well as content for various other instruments on that 2nd drive.
zzz00m

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 09, 2020 10:11 pm

zzz00m wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:If you have your files expanded onto an external (or even internal hard drive) it is recommended to back that up, since that will back up the expanded and installed sound libraries all in one shot. Then you can simply use the backup and point SampleTank, etc to that filesystem.

Exactly! The time spent getting organized like that is well worth more than the time you would spend reinstalling everything in the event of a hard drive failure!

I install all of my sound libraries onto a secondary internal 1 TB SATA drive. Then I run an image backup of that drive periodically to an external USB3 drive, as needed. That way everything can be restored as is, if the drive ever fails, by restoring the entire drive in one step from that image to a replacement drive!

I keep all of my Syntronik, SampleTank, and Miroslav libraries, as well as content for various other instruments on that 2nd drive.

Thanks for verifying. I use an external drive since I move it from computer to computer but a 2nd internal hard drive is a great way to do it too. Coupled with taking an image like you do, the internal drive is probably the better solution (faster at least, in most cases).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ugpfpv » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
zzz00m wrote:

Peter, so are you using an external hard drive as your main syntronik drive , I need to add more drive space and was wondering if a usb3 drive would be up to the task? What about for something like the Milsolvic orchestra?

Thanks
David
Thanks for verifying. I use an external drive since I move it from computer to computer but a 2nd internal hard drive is a great way to do it too. Coupled with taking an image like you do, the internal drive is probably the better solution (faster at least, in most cases).
ugpfpv

Postby zzz00m » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:10 pm

I was actually thinking about converting my secondary internal sample drive from a spinning drive to an SSD, in order to allow the samples to load faster. I'm using an internal SATA 7200 RPM drive for samples, and that's still a bit slow for my taste. I believe most external USB spinners are even slower, at something like 5400 RPM.
zzz00m

Postby integratron » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:20 pm

[73]Regarding the functionality of the volume, pan and master volume controls accessed via the top control bar on the Syntronik GUI:

The master volume control currently operates in a sensible way as it controls the volume of all presets and instruments in Syntronik - perfect!

However, it would be much more intuitive and add enhanced functionality to have the pan and volume controls saved with each individual preset.

I only criticize the current functionality because Syntronik stands head and shoulders above any competition!!! I love it! :mrgreen:
Last edited by integratron on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby integratron » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:22 pm

masterst wrote:31. How about sample some Korgs. Korg expansion.
32. The Ensemble effect become a separate VST or T-racks. It rocks. Many synth lovers will buy it.
33. Ability to save the effect chain. (all 5 effects as 1 preset)

You now have the Syntronik M-POLY based on the Korg Mono/Poly and Polysix.
UPDATE: I purchased M-Poly today and it is a killer!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by integratron on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby integratron » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:09 pm

:mrgreen: Please delete me.
Last edited by integratron on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
integratron

Postby integratron » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:42 pm

[74] I think it would increase workflow, improve ergonomics. and just make common sense if the up/down keyboard arrow keys could increment/decrement the arpeggios on the arp screen within Syntronik... the same way users currently increment/decrement presets using the keyboard up/down arrow key from the Synteronik instruments front panel. 8-)

In fact, this behaviour would be a welcome addition to all of the drop-down menus that have the three stacked horizontal bars or "toaster, stack or burger" icon to the right of the drop-down window... like individual saved FX settings, FX chains, multis, etc.

[75] Add NKS (Native Instruments Kontrol Standard) to SampleTank and Syntronik. 8-)

[76] I think Sample Tank Syntronik presets tagged "FAVORITE" from the Syntronic instruments should show in Syntronik. Also, all the Syntronik presets tagged "FAVORITE" should show on Sample Tank.

[77] It would be uber-cool if I could plug Syntronik in as an insert and use the FX on a track!

[78] It would be great if IKMM added the missing Syntronik instruments like Modulum, SH-X and others to Syntronic Free. I'll bet it would increase sales of these two instruments as well! :D

[79] Allow for up to five stars to tag FAVORITE presets. The gorgeous presets of the Syntronik instruments deserve way more than one star!

[80] A COMPARE button to compare the modified version of the preset (or instrument) to the original factory patch.
Last edited by integratron on Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
integratron

Postby integratron » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Last edited by integratron on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
integratron

Postby integratron » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 pm

Last edited by integratron on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
integratron

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 am

No need to apologise (as long as they are not duplicates of earlier requests ;)). If you do not post, IK Multimedia will not know what to consider.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby integratron » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Thanks for your support DarkStar. 8-)
integratron

Postby meingottwalter » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:09 pm

[81] VCF filter
The original Roland Juno 6 HW synth's Filter section came with a fader called "Keyboard". This fader let you control the frequency of the filter relative to the pitch of the note played. At 0%, you have a fix filter frequency as you know it from many other filters. At 100%, the filter frequency would double per octave (e.g. 2kHz@a1, 4kHz@a2), which you can combine with the resonance so you get a kind of second voice.
It would be ever so cool to see this control in every Syntronik instrument.
(and if I recall correctly, an older Sampletank version even came with a similar feature but it seems to have disappeared)
Or have I overlooked it?
meingottwalter

Postby stumax » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:23 am

Pretty new to syntronik and I really like the sound and general idea however the following things I've found to be a bit annoying.

1. Preset browsing , it takes two clicks to scroll through presets, this makes browsing presets 2x slower unnecessarily. Most people won't read the description about what a patch is, we use ears :) Just a one click up/down button somewhere, anywhere, would be most useful

2. Same with arpeggiator browsing, although in this case it's nested menus and more like 3 or 4 clicks .... One click browsing would be better

3. Synths as separate audio instruments , would be great to load up one synth and scroll through presets without any loading lag ...

4. Add a button to show the synth, it's bad UI and confusing to have to click any of the buttons twice to show the actual synth.

Other than that really enjoying it so far , thanks IK!
stumax

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More