Official T-RackS Wish List!

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: Official T-RackS Wish List!

Postby jschrade » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:01 am

Would love to see Blue Yeti modeled in Mic Room.
jschrade

Postby sbn » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:53 am

Can you add extra function on export to leave 1-2sec of free space on beginning of track. Sometimes I like process one shot samples in T-Racks standalone version. After exporting, the punch is missed .or I got mix of track started from beginning of wav no extra free space. Maybe there add function to add extra space in wave editor in standalone.

Thank you
sbn

Postby SalvoM » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Here again,

I'd like to see the Equal with a dynamic EQ option and a gain.
Convolution Reverb (as mentioned previously), maybe the new sunset studio reverb is a good starting point but with a couple of IR (caves, halls, church, studio here and there, you got the point).
Gates, Exiters and all that "digital" stuff like your competitors (Fab,Izotope) :D have, would be much apprecated.

Thanks
SalvoM

Postby yukibajhiri » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am

Please add external sidechain!
yukibajhiri

Postby meelio » Sun May 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Would be great if you could include the I/O gooseneck mic in the list of ''source'' mics in the Mic Room plug-in.
Last edited by meelio on Sun May 03, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meelio

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Reminder: This is a wishlist thread, not a support ticket. If you have issues or feel you have found a bug, that needs to be reported to IK Support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rj.gray » Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 pm

It looks like there are two wish lists so posting here, too.

I see other threads/requests for these in the wish lists logged and forwarded from as early as 2014 but I would say they're still very valid :D

1. Quad Comp: Global Input gain

2. Quad Comp: "Link Bands" having a "Relative Lock" button or key modifier would be incredible. That way we can keep the relative thresholds of each band while adjusting them all up and down. See any Waves Multiband Compressor for reference (although please don't make the UI as busy as theirs).

3. All T-Racks, Standalone and Suite: add side-chain capabilities and make sure they interface properly with DAWs with "fast side chain" shortcuts like Studio One and Live.
rj.gray

Postby yann_ » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:40 am

An Impulse response Tool... not only for reverbs but also from eq's compressors etc...
yann_

Postby alexphilipp » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Please add possibility for Equal to see Mid and Side at same time as we can see at IK others EQs
Really like Equal, but having M separate from S frustrating me.
See picture what I mean

alexphilipp

Postby KL45U5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:08 pm

Please make the old T-Racks CS Metering 64 bit compatible on macOS. I really dug it's simplicity, easy of use and well layed-out GUI! The new one is too big and has too much stuff going on. Thanks.
KL45U5

Postby bdezlife » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:35 pm

While using T-RackS (v5.4) for the first time in years this week. I must say, the improvements made since V3 are really nice. The new UIs are a massive improvement, and the work being done to the standalone app make it feel more like a proper mastering solution.

I found myself looking for a few features and had some questions I'll list here for IK's consideration.

Standalone app
  • There don't appear to be tooltips. There are a lot of modules all with different ways of working, and most aren't obvious. Tooltips would help with getting around and understanding how the modules work.
  • Offline analyzation of post-processing metering data for all clips, so I can ensure they are all leaving T-RackS at the same level, aren't clipping, etc. The standalone app should be able to analyze this without having to listen through the whole track.
  • Similarly for workflow, I wish I could bounce all my clips in place, so I could then look at and analyze them for uniformity.
  • Master effects. I would like to run all tracks in a project through a final gentle compressor and/or subtle tape emulation to simulate mastering to tape. I could imagine seeing MASTER listed separately in the clips list? I could see this complicating the request above too.
  • I couldn't find any information on the global 'hum frequency' setting, so I'm not sure what it does?
  • "Snapshot" is a very strange term for the markers that allow for changes in the module chain. I would recommend you revisit this.
  • The Parallel feature I assume is locked to an even 50/50 split of the signal. It could be useful to adjust the mix of this.
  • I have found myself wanting to see metering between modules on a given clip to help inform me of what to do, especially spectrum analyzer metering. Without this it's hard to target certain adjustments.

Equalizers
  • Please add spectrum analyzers for both the Classic Equalizer and the Linear Phase Equalizer. Maybe you can borrow code from the new EQual module.
  • I'm unsure of the phase response differences between the Classic EQ and the Linear Phase EQ when set to Minimum Phase. Is there information about this somewhere?
  • The manual says "Remember that LINEAR PHASE can only be activated if the preference “Oversampling + Linear Phase” is checked." I can't find a way to enable/disable oversampling in T-RackS 5.4, so I'm assuming it's always on and this is old information in the help?
  • Cycling through the filter types in the Linear Phase EQ is kind of a weird UX. What about right-clicking to get a drop down of available filters?

Dynamics modules
  • Side-chain support is pretty essential for using these compressors when mixing.
  • Variable channel linking amount would be useful (0-100%)
  • The LEFT-LAT & RIGHT-VERT DC Threshold controls don't have parameter value readouts

Module request
  • There have been a few times when I've found some small clips or clicks in a render that can't be replicated. It would be great if I could save the render right in T-RackS with a de-clipping module, similar to Sonnox DeClicker without having to leave T-RackS and go to a restoration product.
  • There aren't any dynamic EQs available. I know the Quad Comp can do something similar but it's still not the same. The Sonalksis DQ1 was a good one functionally. Maybe something with its feature set but more in the format of the Quad Comp.
bdezlife

Postby alexishere » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 pm

Input / Output link knob for the Tape Machines as highly requested on GS! We have two hands on HARDWARE but only one on software ;)
alexishere

Tape Collection

Postby blamejake » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:34 pm

Link Option to link the Input and Output control on all tape models. PLEASE.
[mod redaction: This is wishlist not a bug report thread, support is aware and if you have a ticket they can update you there]

It may be a good idea to setup a VOTE category system.
Thanks.
Cheers, Steve
blamejake

Postby StevenMikel » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:16 pm

carlaz wrote:How about a Trident A Range EQ emulation? There are a couple of other plugin manufacturers who have such offerings, but I’m not sure the market is quite as awash in these as it is in some other classic gear emulations. :geek:

+1
StevenMikel

Postby StevenMikel » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:43 pm

T-Racks needs some modulation.Roland Demension D,MXR Flanger/Doubler,Eventide Instant Flanger and Instant Phaser,Roland CE 1 Chorus Ensemble,vintage MXR Phase 90,vintage MXR Flanger 117 to name a few.If it's possible maybe emulate some of the algorithms from famous rackmount multieffects
StevenMikel

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox