KOMMEN! - whaddaya mean no room for guitars?!?

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

KOMMEN! - whaddaya mean no room for guitars?!?

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:49 am

Hey all,

This one is from last year & has an interesting story. A buddy of mine lives in another software instrument universe and forwarded me this pretty complete song idea which I was really blown away by. In our chatter back and forth he said (strangely enough as he is a guitarist) “there’s no room for guitars”…and I had to go to myself “Pardon?!?!?!”. So I asked for a suitable submix of his work then went to town…

Since the track was uber electronic, I decided to take a stab at making it heavy a la Hanzel und Gretyl and Rammstein. If it’s gonna have a German flair, figured might as well find some pretty lyrics but make them sound harsh, so I stumbled upon an old German poem about spring and extracted phrases from there. Finally, get another buddy over to put on bass and add some backing vox and here you have it.

IK contributions to this track:
Guitars - all rhythm from Dimebag Darrell CFH with a little ENGL Powerball at the end
Bass - AMPEG SVX-4B
Synths = added some extra ones from ST3, actually

Hope u dig as I had a lot of fun putting this one together and throwing it back at him….he loved it. The moral of the story is there's ALWAYS room for guitar.....

Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: KOMMEN! - whaddaya mean no room for guitars?!?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:29 pm

No room for guitars? Heck, I feel there's still room for MORE guitars! :D But my main instrument is guitar so perhaps that's a tiny bit of the influence there.

Great job, I really like this track overall and the guitars are a great addition to an already excellent track. The vox are perfect too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: KOMMEN! - whaddaya mean no room for guitars?!?

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:37 pm

Many thanks, Peter.
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session