iLoud Micro Monitor wall mount / bracket

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

iLoud Micro Monitor wall mount / bracket

Postby wirusw » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi Everyone! New to the forum and also a new (and happy!) owner of the Micros is looking for a wall mount solution for them. I wasn't able to find anything decent - there's lots of tripods, mic floor stands etc., but seems like only a handful, often unavailable for purchase, wall mounts.

Due to the very limited space around my PC, I would like to get the speakers fitted above the computer display, so preferably something with adjustable mounting angle, worst case 90 degree will have to do.

Any proven equipement out there, that could be recommended? Something sturdy enough to hold the speakers in place without much negative impact on the sound quality (vibration?)

Also: has to ship to Poland.

All suggestions appreciated - thanks!
wirusw

Re: iLoud Micro Monitor wall mount / bracket

Postby wirusw » Sat May 09, 2020 12:36 pm

What worked for me in the end was a camera wall mount - DAHUA PFB121W.
Very sturdy, doesn't look too bad, can easily handle the speakers' weight, helps keep cables in order.
Needed a 3/8" to 1/4" thread adapter, but that's easily accessible from photo accessory shops.

I'm definitely not a "golden ears" type, but I dare say the speakers sound noticably better than when they were just sitting on my desk.

Likely more similar mounts can be used for the purpose.

I was also considering a Gravity gooseneck - perhaps that's an option too, with a relevant wall mount (they're available as well)
wirusw

Postby rexet_fr » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:56 am

Thank you wirusw. I just found this thread since I would like to hand my Micro Monitor on the wall. I just ordered a pair of DAHUA PFB121W and 2 thread adapters.
This is weird that a good wall mount system for these monitors is so hard to find. I hope your recommandation will do the job.
rexet_fr

Postby sirenamusic » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:08 pm

I guess if you're mounting them on a wall that's close to where you're listening from it's ok. They aren't really powerful enough to be midfield monitors. Satellite speakers sure, but for referencing from a distance, not great.
sirenamusic

Postby freund7 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Could one of you tell me EXACTLY which thread adapters you got and that worked? Maybe a link to the item? Thank you!
freund7

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers