Impossible to open UNO Synth - Pot caps glued

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Impossible to open UNO Synth - Pot caps glued

Postby AlMagnifico » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:02 pm

:twisted: Why the heck was it necessary to varnish the pot axes?? It is impossible to remove the pot caps without the risk of damaging the circuit board and/or the housing and thus impossible to open the housing.
I left the batteries in and have to fix the corroded contacts of the battery holder to use it with batteries. (which is inevitable for any kind of serious recording due to the USB hum problem, but that's another sad story).
Any ideas?
AlMagnifico

Re: Impossible to open UNO Synth - Pot caps glued

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:50 am

People have removed and replaced the knobs with custom knobs regularly. I'm not sure what happened in your case but I'd suggest contacting IK Support before opening up your unit and tinkering around as we do have a warranty that they will honor for legitimate claims without you having to open yours.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth