Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby cu1723 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:53 am

Please add the possibility to save and load diffenrent Presets / ProgramChange assignments.

For now, there are only 128 Presets - it would be good, if I could save the whole bank and load a new one (I play in different Bands - so I will use one Bank for each Band).
For now I'm copying the file in

"c:\Users\$USERNAME\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\ProgramChangePresetList.ik"

PS:

MasterVolumecontrol is still not working properly.
Thank you for reading this!
cu1723

Postby pjcass1981 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:53 am

I'm just gonna throw out the possibility of a standalone unit with Amplitube built right in. Like IK's version of a Helix. I know there are controllers like the iRig I/O etc., but man would I love to have an all in one.
pjcass1981

Postby UrKungFuNoGood » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Heya IKM peeps

Have you all seen the Electro-Harmonix pedals the B9/C9/Key9? Would be amazing if you could figure out how they do that and sell it to us :D
UrKungFuNoGood

Postby hkjersem » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:53 pm

emailmikenewingham wrote:What about an A/B stomp that allows one to have the ability to switch from all of the A devices to the B devices using the #4 chain that separates amps, cabs, and racks?

Yes please!
hkjersem

Knob Brakes, Spreaker Freeze, Preset Management, & Modelling

Postby stateofepicicity » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:47 pm

I think the biggest help for productivity in Amplitube would be the ability to slow knobs, e.g. to press control + left-click to slow the pace at which the treble knob on an amp moves. I find it really difficult to get precise values, and I often overshoot in one direction or the other; to say it another way, I find it difficult to change tones subtly in Amplitube. My current workaround is actually to select a knob and type in incremental values until I get the tone I want.

Another great help for workflow would be the ability to freeze a speaker or a set of speakers, so that, as you scroll through cabinets, the speakers do not change, basically to make speakers act like mics at will. You could include a Speaker Match button to return to it's current behavior.

Hugely helpful for workflow would be the ability both to rename a preset (without simply having to save it as a copy of an existing preset), and to be able to reorder presets on your list. As you know, Amplitube defaults always to alphabetical sorting of presets, but that is rarely helpful for auditioning tones. My current workaround is to number tones I'm auditioning to find the best one, and if I want to delete many presets at once, I close Amplitube, go into my Windows Explorer folder, delete the presets there, then reopen Amplitube. The ability for Amplitube to read the preset file folder in realtime for deletions of this kind would be great helpful too. Or simply, alternatively, to give Amplitube the ability to delete many presets at once.

More along purely utilitarian lines, adding Undo / Redo would be so helpful. There are times where you hit a sweet spot, try to make it even better, then make it worse, but can't quite get back to that sweet spot. A workaround is to create a preset every time you reach a sweet spot, but you can create way too many presets to be helpful that way. I think someone else may have mentioned this too, but A / B ing the current alterations to your current preset in it's saved state would be hugely helpful.

Lastly, Amplitube uses its own combination of IRs and modeling for its cab section, but sometimes the modeling aspect is just too much for bottom heavy tones, and it would be wonderful to be able to disengage the modeling part to control the bass, stripping the cab section to the moveable IR itself. For an extreme example, you can take a Metal Lead V with matching cabinet, and if you create a balanced, bottom heavy tone and palm mute between the open and third frets of the A string, the bass will jump to an unbelievable amount, far more than on the low E string, ruining the balance and the behavior of the tone. IRs don't act this way on their own, so I'm lead to assume this is the behavior of the cab modeling, adding almost the behavior of a room without bass traps, taking what otherwise would be a much flatter bass response and making it weirdly and uncontrollably uneven on many of the included 4 x 12 cabinets. I've found this to be a problem with really bass heavy tones, but it's a big problem if that's what you mainly wanted to use. A current workaround is simply to use OD pedals to shift the frequency spectrum of the guitar first, but that also fundamental alters the tone's character, of course, so it's a compromise in the character of the tone. You could also use a high pass filter. I've found that the best way to get past this is to create two instances of Amplitube in series, disengage the cab section of the first instance, and disengage everything before the cab section in the second instance. That is a terrible workaround for preset management, though!

It could be that this cab modeling was done in a less than ideal room, without bass traps, and it got hardwired into the modeling that certain low frequencies would cause an, e.g. 8 dB jump in the output of the signal, making it very hard to control.

Thanks for creating this thread!
stateofepicicity

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:01 pm

The modeling aspect of the cabs is very realistic and not having to do with any room but the physics of the cabinets themselves which is recreated very realistically and there is an IR portion that would be used in hybrid with the very realistic modeling of the physics of what happen with sound/speakers/materials/etc of a speaker cabinet and the interaction of all of the physical components of a speaker cabinet that make the sound.

Honestly, most times any "not so great" sound is likely due to the microphone placement/techniques used - in my humble opinion AmpliTube gives so much flexibility that it is very easy to make the same mistakes someone would who hasn't as much experience placing microphones on amps. If you are having issues with the preset placements and matched cabinets/speakers that are usually fairly standard, then I'd suggest checking your whole chain for any potential issues causing the tones you find are not accurate or seeking direct assistance from the support team.

I think people want for these static IRs because they are, by nature and name, static and don't "give enough rope with which to hang oneself" as the massive flexibility you have in AmpliTube 4''s Cab Room.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Not to get too far off on a tangent as this thread is for feature requests (and by the way, let's please stick to the "what" not the "how" of any feature requests here as the talented engineers can take care of the latter) but phase is also important and also easy to have messed up Here's a great user video about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR6RBydF47g

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby whhf54 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Yes Back to basics. Some things I like to C.

:idea: 1 - To be able to save the 12" speaker user designed cabinets in either a user bank or integrated in to the cabinet list to be loaded into a preset. U could then adjust the Room, Mic's/Placement etc as with any other cabinet to suit.

:idea: 2 - Ability to do a similar 'speaker swap' with the 10" speaker cabinets series as well. (to be clear - 10" for 10" only)

For now I'm saving a 'Blank' preset with a cabinet description a generic amp then when I load the amps/pedals/racks effects I wish to use, save using 'save as' to create a preset :D

Thanks much.

WiLLi & the MusicMachine
whhf54

Postby carlaz » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:58 am

whhf54 wrote: :idea: 1 - To be able to save the 12" speaker user designed cabinets in either a user bank or integrated in to the cabinet list to be loaded into a preset. U could then adjust the Room, Mic's/Placement etc as with any other cabinet to suit.

Yes, this would be useful. Although you can currently save customized cab/speaker configurations as user presets on a "per cab" basis, you have to have the specific cab loaded to see those user presets. So, if I save 3 versions of the Orange PPC 412 cab with non-stock speakers, right-clicking on the Orange PPC 412 cab will give me the option to load those user cab/speaker presets, but if I have any other cab loaded, I would only be able to directly load user cab/speaker presets for that cab model, and I would have to first switch to the Orange PPC 412 cab before I could see (or load) any of my user presets for Orange PPC 412. But we really want to see our complete list of cab/speaker presets for all cab models regardless of which cab is currently loaded so that we can easily select whichever one we want.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby SNiTZEL » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Please add features like AMP Match, Loading IRs, sharing, downloading and trying other users Presets directly within the VST, an "all together" view, where you can see and quickly adjust the selected AMP, Cabinet and Pedals.

[mod redacted - please review the forum rules]
Definetely something worth looking at, in terms of further development of Amplitube 4 :mrgreen:
SNiTZEL

Postby wliska » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:56 pm

A Binson Echorec T7E would be awesome! I really miss the one that I had long ago......They have a very special sound / vibe in front of an amp!
Mac Mini late 2012, Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 2.6 GHz, 16 GB memory
Apogee Duet FireWire, Presonus Firestudio Mobile
AT5 Version 5.3.0
Catalina 10.15.7
Line 6 FBV Shortboard MkII
wliska

Postby Magic Russ » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:44 am

It would be really cool if a number of companies which make amp sims got together and came up with a standard so that you could use any vendor's components in any other vendor's shell.

That way, if I liked a fuzz box from one vendor, wah from another, amp from someone else, yet another vendor's delay, and someone different's reverb, I could get them all to work together in one shell without having to chain five different instances together.
Magic Russ

Postby stateofepicicity » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:06 am

rponcher wrote:It would be really cool if a number of companies which make amp sims got together and came up with a standard so that you could use any vendor's components in any other vendor's shell.

That way, if I liked a fuzz box from one vendor, wah from another, amp from someone else, yet another vendor's delay, and someone different's reverb, I could get them all to work together in one shell without having to chain five different instances together.

I totally feel you on this, but there are solutions out there that help make saving chains of VSTs easier. I know in Reaper you can save effects chains, and I assume all DAWs have that option, along with the VST hosts that are out there! I think it's the best thing about VST technology (I know that's a redundant statement haha), that you're not locked in to anyone's formats. I love mixing stuff from different manufacturers, whatever works best for my ears. As far as a standard, that's an interesting concept, but I wouldn't hold out my hopes, honestly. Everyone seems to be using different techniques, and I'm not sure even people who regularly read AES whitepapers would necessarily guess all of the trade secrets in these algorithms, not to mention what might need to be shared in order to make that dream happen! We've finally reached the stage where people are copying Kemper's profiling techniques in software, and I'm sure everyone is really careful about protecting their trade secrets, which is why every manufacturer uses pretty general terms to describe their modelling techniques, for those who describe them at all. I've read that Dave Friedman said that amp modelling itself is a kind of infringement of sorts, but recently it looks like his company endorsed a modelling of his work!

But you have a cool concept there. :D
stateofepicicity

Postby Ad_Astra » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:09 pm

- Scaling the UI, as mentioned before
- Menu scrolling with wheel, thank you!
- Ability to add T-Racks modules in Amplitube standalone would be great! For example, EQ PA/PB likes to be around in my guitar buses. Would be awesome to add 'em in standalone version too!
- Would like to see Amplitube opening up in the state it was previously shut down.
- Better reverbs, delays and compressors, thank you! (This would not be needed if T-Racks were awailable).
Ad_Astra

Postby bosone » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:49 pm

A simple add-on like linking the two L/R settings when you have a stereo in would be a tremendous enhancement.
copy/pasting the channel settings each time you make a variation is so boring that i have give up using amplitube for metal rhytm tracks.
bosone

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling