Sweet Nothings - semi-hollow and Mesa TransAtlantic.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Sweet Nothings - semi-hollow and Mesa TransAtlantic.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:47 am

Hi all,

Thought I might post this one from last year. Played guitar since 8 yo but never played a semi-hollow let alone own one (yes, sad - but no doubt one's next on my list!). Anyhow, good friend who occasionally plays bass for me has a 335 copy, not particularly awesome or anything, but let me mess with it and this is the first thing that came out.

Electric gtrs = AT4 Mesa TransAtlantic TA-30 amp....lovely for this sorta thing I think
Trumpets = ST3

One day might get to putting bass on this but listenable I hope without.
Enjoy...

Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Sweet Nothings - semi-hollow and Mesa TransAtlantic.

Postby danwilson5 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 am

Hi Michael,

Really enjoyed the tune. Your guitar tone is sweet with just a perfect amount of ambience. Adding a bass would give the track that extra dimension. Nice use of the trumpet patch, I liked how there was some inter-play between it and the guitar 3/4 the way through the track.

The only thing I would suggest about the mix is to bring down the brushes, the kick and crash cymbal are at the right level. I found the snare took away from the melody you were playing on guitar.

Bring on some more.

Dan
danwilson5

Re: Sweet Nothings - semi-hollow and Mesa TransAtlantic.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:44 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks for suggestion on bringing brushed snare level down. I've reloaded to project and did this along some other minor instrument/mix adjustments.

I think it's better.

Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session