Neverland - an excuse to try out some of the Fender amps.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Neverland - an excuse to try out some of the Fender amps.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm

Hi there,

This song essentially was an excuse to take my Fender Strat and Squire Precision bass and make something fitting with options from the Fender Collection...this is back in 2016 (apparently when I checked back) so not a super duper mix, in fact, not even a complete song so not very lengthy either.

Strat - used mix of Fender Deluxe or Super-Sonic amps
Bass - Bassman 300
threw in some Gospel choir from ST3 for some good measure.

I REALLY hate doing vox and this has Sat-X effect on it to make it a bit gnarly.

Hope you find interesting.
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Neverland - an excuse to try out some of the Fender amps

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:08 am

Hey Micheal , yes it was interesting (in the right way 8-) ) and the recording is really nice and clear which I always love and also instrument tonality is spot on. The guitar tones are awesome and that to me is also a big deal, a bad gat tone can kill even a good song IMHO, so nice job dude!! 8-)

Now about the vocals, I'm the same as you man I don't like the sound of my own voice when I'm recording and it's always one of the biggest sticking points for me being able to finish a session, but let me assure you your vocal is better than you think it is!!

It's easy to hear under the distortion that you have the right feel and sound to your voice for this, so how do you fell about uploading another take on this with more vocal clarity, I know it will sound cool dude and I'd love to hear it.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby danwilson5 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi Michael,

I liked it, your guitar tones are spot on. Have to agree with CS about the vocals. I don't think there really is anyone who likes the sound of their own voice. I would also like to encourage you to remix it with less distortion on the vocals. I bet you it will sound good.

Dan
danwilson5

Re: Neverland - ok, changed the vox.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:43 pm

Alright, dug out the project file and got rid of the saturation on the vox, also decided to change the rev to a plate option from Sunset Studio. Hope better.

Thanks for suggestion!
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby danwilson5 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:50 am

Hi Michael,

Yeah man, that sounds so cool. Like CS said you have the right sound and feel for the song.This mix is so much better. Bring on more.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:09 am

WOW, that sounds cool man, the vocals are spot on, a big improvement from the original IMO.

Can' wait to hear the next one. 8-)

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session