Clash of the Hi-Hat Cymbals Foot Splash

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Clash of the Hi-Hat Cymbals Foot Splash

Postby dpage4u » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:31 am

I've recently gotten MODO DRUM to use it with a Roland TD-30 drum module. I like its software modeled drum sounds very much, even much more than I do sampled sounds inside Superior Drummer from Toontrack. The IK Multimedia product seems to hold a whole lot of potential for everyone playing a virtual drum kit and a set of digital drums any like any from Roland, Alesis, Yamaha, or another hardware digital drum manufacturer. But, you really have to let digital drummers know, modeled drums are now here and they‘re readily available from the manufacturer that’s IK Multimedia! :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Although I'm anxiously looking forward to my possibly getting some potential improvements out of foreseeable updates. because I see a few shortcomings, I want to mention those and just make them additions within a list at this forum at this time. :roll:

However, I got just one really outstanding problem; it demands some attention; I need some help right away with my hi-hat triggering. :cry:

Whenever I play a hi-hat foot splash on my drum kit from Roland, SD3 the Toontrack product correctly interprets it, while at the same time MODO DRUM makes no foot splash hi-hats sound at all. I’m willing of course to consider, maybe I'm only missing a correct MIDI mapping er articulation to this feature already present.

Specifically I want to know if anybody has any instructions for me to get that hi-hat foot splash now out of MODO DRUM —before I just settle totally upon the other VST plugin product.

I’ve a lot to risk if I instead settle on it.

If you got the correct articulation, I got the correct time for it! Double time! :lol:
dpage4u

Re: Clash of the Hi-Hat Cymbals Foot Splash

Postby dpage4u » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:28 pm

I’m using my standalone copy of MODO DRUM connected to a Roland TD-30 Vdrum module via USB. However, when from my foot pedal at the Vdrum I articulate a hi hat foot cymbal splash no splash sound happens inside MODO DRUM.

Please, anybody respond.
dpage4u

Postby dpage4u » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:25 am

Man, if you release MODO DRUM SE with one of its two (2) kits being a Jazzy Kit, you may have considered including an hi-hat cymbal foot splash, not to mention mallets!

They've been used often in recordings by real jazz drummers.

Names like Tony Williams and Art Blakey come to my mind!
dpage4u

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:50 pm

I would recommend contacting support if you are using the mapping available in MODO DRUM and not getting expected results. They could probably also offer some advice and definitely would relay a request for functionality to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mbrown345 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:03 pm

I have the same problem....IK folks, please provide a TD30 mapping setting for Modo Drums....you can adjust the mapping to fix this, BUT this is likely an easy automation and setting that could be added by IK....the TD 50 and TD 10 are already there. The high hat read is a bit squirrely [mod redacted - unnecessary and please review the rules]. Please help, thanks!
mbrown345

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS