MODO Bass Does Not Jive with Cakewalk

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass Does Not Jive with Cakewalk

Postby CraigReeves1230 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:58 am

I just downloaded MODO Bass and in Cakewalk by Bandlab, when I play, notes either don't play at all or the MIDI notes hold out forever.

I do not have this problem with any other VST2 or VST3 I use in Cakewalk by Bandlab, whether it be Kontakt, NEXUS3, Synthogy Ivory, etc.

This problem occurs with MODO Bass whether I am using VST2 or VST3.

I tried restarting my computer and reinstalling MODO Bass. The problem persists.

Once the MIDI data is recorded, the playback works fine and all the MIDI data seems to be what I recorded, but playing live is where the problem is.

This is not an issue I am having at all in Studio One 4 (which I do NOT use but have on my computer).

The problem seems to go away when I turn the buffer (latency) all the way up but that shouldn't have to happen as I have a very fast and very powerful computer where far more "demanding" instruments do not have this issue (things like East West Hollywood Orchestra samples, etc).

I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I understand Cakewalk by Bandlab isn't one of the "mainstream" DAWS everybody's using these days like FL Studio, Ableton, ProTools or Logic which might be why there haven't been enough complaints to get anybody's attention at IK, but I've seen others raise this issue about Cakewalk in posts that are years old yet this issue still seemingly hasn't been addressed.

Thank God IK was nice enough to provide a trial version of this product because I would have thrown away hundreds of dollars on a product I cannot use. But if IK isn't going to fix this issue, they should make it clear their VST does not work with Cakewalk products.

But then again, that's kind of the bane of existence for those of us who don't use the "trendy" DAWS: when something doesn't work, nobody cares...
CraigReeves1230

Re: MODO Bass Does Not Jive with Cakewalk

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:09 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best way to bring this to IK Multimedia's attention is to raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but give them some slack in the current circumstances.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:57 pm

MODO BASS is absolutely compatible with Cakewalk products and any standard DAW that supports VST (2 and/or 3), AU, or AAX format plugins. Support will be able to assess what is happening in your case and get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CraigReeves1230 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:30 am

Thanks to you both for your prompt response! I do plan on purchasing this VST if I can get it working with my DAW. I'll put in a ticket right away.
CraigReeves1230

Postby lychee » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:03 pm

I do not know what happens with your Cakewalk and Modo Bass, but at home it works well with the bandlab daw.
Perhaps it's Something about your hardware configuration ?
lychee

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS