Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby jimlaing » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi - I love the new B-3X app! Here are 2 features I think would be very valuable in this app:

1) a "panic button" to get out of the rare possibility of stuck notes (happened once to me).

2) The ability to recall via MIDI, the various 12 drawbar settings within a Preset. Some other modules and apps and MIDI devices, do this through modifications to a simple PC Program Change - that is, using LSB/MSB settings to recall variations of a preset, or sub-presets within a preset, etc. It would be great to not have to create an entire Preset just for variations in Drawbars only. It would be nice to have a Preset, that once recalled, allowed one to (via MIDI commands) recall any of the 12 (24?) drawbar settings within that Preset.

Thanks!
Jim
jimlaing

Postby electrosim2001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:03 pm

I would like complete templates to be able to be saved so that B-3X can be used on different set-ups. This may be possible now but I haven't found that option.

I would like the addition of bass pedal sustain as found on pretty much every other clone.
Although not in the spec of the original B-3, C-3 etc., this was frequently added by players.

I would also like an option to raise the lower manual octave. Alhough I mostly use B-3X as a new sound engine for my Hammond SK-2, I also sometime use it with a Yamaha arranger keyboard, splitting the keyboard at G#2 so that right of split plays upper manual and left of split plays lower manual with a 13 note pedalboard playing bass. I can only use 4' to 1' drawbars on the lower manual acting as pseudo 8' to 2' drawbars but octave raise would allow me to utilise 8' to 1' drawbars for accompaniment.

Thanks
electrosim2001

Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby Werner.Wirdemann » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:34 am

Please provide a MIDI scheme for XE-Series.

Thank you in advance.
Werner.Wirdemann

Postby mon8169@gmail.com » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Please improve the preset handling:

* I cannot see the whole preset list at once (just one vertical column?)

* It's hard to see/find the selected preset

* Banks are needed

thanks
Ramon
mon8169@gmail.com

Postby jimlaing » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi - I may have mentioned this a while back, but as long as we're making suggestions - I'd like to have a way to move my personal presets (i.e. that I name and save) from one iPad to another iPad ... as I do with many other iOS apps . . .

Jim
jimlaing

Postby stewfromnj » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:39 am

+1 Panic Button please. I'm on the ipad version. Preferably easily accessible, CC accessible, and visually confirmed in UI when activated :)
stewfromnj

More Outputs

Postby alsim » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:01 pm

In addition to the stereo/mono pair that blends the leslie, guitar amp, and DI, it would be good to have stereo/mono outs from each of those. That way the user could position each separately within the mix. It would also be good to be able to choose if the outputs are pre or post the post FX. Maybe I want my amp out clean and my leslie out processed.
alsim

Postby scoultrane » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:49 am

I, too, would second the request for the option to disable percussion on all presets EXCEPT the B preset. This is how the real thing works, and it is vital to how the instrument is played. Switching to 800008888 and having the percussion still on just destroys the intended effect! Yes, you can switch preset and THEN turn off percussion (but this means when you switch back to your B preset later, you’ll ALSO have to switch percussion back on), but economy of movement is everything for Hammond technique.
scoultrane

Postby jimlaing » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:15 am

I realized later that my request to have MIDI control over selection of Drawbar presets, already exists; it simply requires Note On commands at the appropriate low octave, which are the "keys" to the left of the 5 octaves of the organ. I tried this with my Code49 keyboard (having to go down a couple of extra octaves to get the 'right' key note numbers) and it works fine! Would be nice to be able to get at these via PC/MSB/LSB too, but the way it is is workable.

Jim
jimlaing

Postby westfinch » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:56 pm

How about a "Memphis" mode on the Leslie. This is where the Leslie drum is unplugged, doesn't rotate, but still produces sound. This was a common mod in soul/gospel music (and other styles), and it kept the horn rotating, with the lower bass sounds in the drum emulating a bass, without the annoying bass rotation. It is a feature of other Hammond clones, and I hope B3-X could also offer the feature.
Would be nice to add the feature in T-Racks and Amplitube as well.
westfinch

Postby davinwv » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:45 pm

It would be great to have a centered modwheel trigger the Brake of the Leslie. Other software organs like Acousticsamples B5 and GSi VB3 do this already.

Also, I would love to see more parameters in the MIDI assignments, especially the EQ controls within the Leslie section and the levels for both the Spring Reverb and Algorithmic Reverb.
davinwv

Re: Several practical problems with midi set-up sadly?

Postby ChokDK » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:42 pm

9blackoranges wrote:Hi,

[Cut................]
1. SEPARATE TRANSPOSE FUNCTIONS NEEDED ON EACH MANUAL NOT ONE OVERALL AND FOR TWO OCTAVES.
It is almost impractical to use it with one keyboard split into 2 sections to reproduce top and bottom Hammond manuals....
[CUT....]

Totally need this as well for live use with 1 hardware keyboard.

Also: When using the keyboard's transpose up/down it not only transpose the B-3X as supposed, but also moving the split point (Yamaha Tyros 5).
That must be a BUG and hopefully get a fix in an update (soon I hope) :)

Also: The first drawbar step on the 16" "pipe" on LOWER is far to loud in the mix IMO.

The reverb effect is very hard to control at low levels - smaller steps at low level please.

The overdrive effect is hard to control at low levels - smaller steps at low level please.
Also a "warmer" and gentle overdrive would be really nice (valve versus transistor).

+1 to "davinwv"'s suggestion of having the BRAKE function working at modulation wheel center.

Regards
As always, a IOS hard reset can do wonders too.
Hammond B-3X IOS group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HammondB3X/
ChokDK

Postby ChokDK » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:08 am

Resize PITCH, buttons for settings.

One of the few things I might never use at all is the Pitch setting.
However, this is the only controller that actually got a proper handing.

Could we please have some buttons instead of trying to both see what is happening and slide left or right meanwhile.
Uploaded a picture of a suggestion (maybe not that color though :D )
Thank you in advance :)

https://imgur.com/a/Bq9vtL8
ChokDK

Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby pk0 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:27 pm

Hello B-3X - Friends,

I've Got post from Ryan Swannick (IK Multimedia) and he ask me to share my B-3X wishes on this Forum:

B-3X ist overwhelming, but "I Have A Dream":

ikMultimedia, PLEASE develop a little MIDI controller box with Drawbars, especially to work fluently with by beloved "HAMMOND B-3X Software"

Who else will set this box on his wishlist ?????

Kind Regards from Munich, Bavaria

Peter

(sorry for my bad School-English)
pk0

Re: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby ChokDK » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:32 pm

pk0 wrote:Hello B-3X - Friends,
[Cut]
ikMultimedia, PLEASE develop a little MIDI controller box with Drawbars, especially to work fluently with by beloved "HAMMOND B-3X Software"

Who else will set this box on his wishlist ?????
Peter

Hello Peter.
That would be really great!
Also imagine a powerless version, working on the MIDI out port power, and it could be used as a Bluetooth wireless connection as well!
I guess it's too much to handle for the limited MIDI out power though.. :?:
ChokDK

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More