ARC 2 Catalina support - when?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC 2 Catalina support - when?

Postby GuitarBingo » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:46 pm

I realize that you are busy working on macOS 10.15 updates, but could not find any information about your plans for ARC 2.
You are probably aware of the fact that the ARC 2 measurement application is 32 bit only and the installer does not work either under Catalina.

When can we expect a compatibility update?

Given that you are still selling ARC, I hope that something is already in the works?!
GuitarBingo

Re: ARC 2 Catalina support - when?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Unfortunately, at this time the mods/admins of this forum do not have any information regarding ARC System 2.5 and macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility. I would recommend you keep an eye out for any developments on ARC via the IK newsletter.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby del.hollingsworth » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:00 pm

I also, am wondering when to expect Catalina support for ARC 2.5 or if the product is going to be retired. ARC 2.5 has been an integral part of my workflow since 2017. And the IK Multimedia support Blog doesn't even have ARC on the update roadmap for Catalina.

IK Multimedia and Softube are the only things that are holding me back from testing Catalina on my back up system prior to roll out on my production system. While I have **another correction tool** Reference 4, ARC 2.5 has capabilities that Reference 4 does not.

If there isn't any clear indication of what IK Multimedia intends to do with ARC in the short term I will be forced to move forward without it to keep in step with updates for other critical software in my studio that represents a much greater financial investment than I haven IK Multimedia products.
del.hollingsworth

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Hi, sorry to say that there is no news for ARC System 2.5 Catalina compatibility. If you would like to explore any other possibilities I would recommend working directly with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as the forum mods/admins would not have any more technical information nor suggestions in this case.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Thread has been cleaned, I'll remind everybody to please review the rules of the forum before posting.

On the topic itself, there is no official news about ARC System on Catalina at this time but the team is aware that there are users who rely on it. They know that new installations (of ARC System 2.5 or macOS Catalina) will not work correctly but see the note below. The team is working on a solution for new Catalina users but you'll need to sit tight at this time as it does require further research that they have been doing and is not a simple fix. I'm not sure exactly what the solution will be but we will share information via our site, newsletter, social media, forum(s), etc when we do have more information.

Also note that if you already had ARC System 2.5 installed and upgraded Catalina in place, your existing measurements (and the ARC plugin itself) should continue to work.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ritchie69 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi peter, I’ve just bought Arc 2.5 system, but only during the installation process I discover that there’s no support for catalina users, so no chance for me to use the product with my native catalina os MacBook. Have you any news about a update for catalina? If no I will soon return the product. Can you also tell me how can I reset the authorizations for this product for a future users?
Thanks in advance.
ritchie69

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:16 am

ritchie69 wrote:Hi peter, I’ve just bought Arc 2.5 system, but only during the installation process I discover that there’s no support for catalina users, so no chance for me to use the product with my native catalina os MacBook. Have you any news about a update for catalina? If no I will soon return the product. Can you also tell me how can I reset the authorizations for this product for a future users?
Thanks in advance.

I do not have specific information except that the team is working on a solution. The best best would be to check with IK Support and then they can let you know of any updates officially in the ticket.

There isn't a deauthorization, if you meant to transfer to another user you would need to follow the steps in this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ritchie69 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:50 am

Thanks peter,
I’ve already send a message to IK support but I haven’t a response yet.
Can you confirm that the only way to contact the ik support is through the website only?
ritchie69

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Yes, using the Technical Support contact form. That way the requests are numbered, categorised etc. You can Reply to the email at any time asking for a progress report.

Also, check out point #1 in the forum guidelines.
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19505
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:19 pm

ritchie69 wrote:Thanks peter,
I’ve already send a message to IK support but I haven’t a response yet.
Can you confirm that the only way to contact the ik support is through the website only?

I see your reply in our support system. Make sure to check your Spam/Junk folder if you did not receive this yet.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ritchie69 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Thanks for your interest Ryan, the support told me that they’re working on a solution for catalina users, so it's just a matter of time.
ritchie69

Postby fusionmode » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Any news?
I don't understand why this is taking so long....
fusionmode

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:48 pm

fusionmode wrote:Any news?
I don't understand why this is taking so long....

This is not a simple task. ARC is a product that was developed many years before Catalina was a twinkle in Apple's eye. We will have news on this front as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonnor25 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:22 am

I upgraded to Catalina before I bought ARC 2 in early January but didn't know there was a compatibility issue. The IK rep I contacted was very helpful and offered a refund, but also said they would eventually have a fix. I was really looking forward to using ARC so I decided to wait, but three months have passed. Is there even a rough estimate of when it might be released? Thanks!
jonnor25

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:25 pm

jonnor25 wrote:I upgraded to Catalina before I bought ARC 2 in early January but didn't know there was a compatibility issue. The IK rep I contacted was very helpful and offered a refund, but also said they would eventually have a fix. I was really looking forward to using ARC so I decided to wait, but three months have passed. Is there even a rough estimate of when it might be released? Thanks!

Hi, the moderators/admins of this forum would not have an estimate on a product update like that. Please reply to your ticket and the rep that was working with you can check and hopefully provide more detailed information.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools